View RSS Feed

farnoosh

Never can say Goodbye.

Rate this Entry
My friends mother passed away last night.

Akram and I have been friends since we were 14. We weren't best friends, more like classmates that kept together. We even chose the same major after highschool and continued our friendship in college.

About 8 months ago, there was a hit and run and her mother was hurt badly in the legs. It wasn't anything serious, she was in pain but the doctors said it was because of the shock, they couldn't find anything that would indicate that there's something wrong, they said the bruises would go away on their own. They gave her medication though, but as time went on she couldn't get out of bed or even walk to the bathroom. We all had hope that it was nothing and she'll be back on her feet soon.

2 weeks ago they found a tumor growing rapidly near her stomach. They did CT scans, MRI's, everything. doctors couldn't figure it out. Today we heard that she passed away.

Shock was the expression on my face.

It all happened so quickly I can't even imagine what Akram is going through, I don't even know what to say to her. She was close to her mother. I don't know if she even had a chance to day goodbye, How can you say goodbye to your mom?!

I can't stop thinking about how just a week ago she was here and Akram was in school with us, knowing that at the end of the day when school is over she has someone to go home to. a mother that is waiting for her, wondering where she is and how she's doing, calling her when she's worried, anticipating the day her daughter would graduate and watch how she'll become a lady on her own. Now no one's there, an empty bed where she had lied on her final months and 22 years of memories is all that remains for her little girl. Even her voice is gone, just an echo of words and phrases that Akram remembers. My heart aches for my friend, knowing that she'll never hear her mother call her name again.

Akram, I'm sorry for your pain. I'm so sorry.
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Its really sad when all you only have are just words, as an expression of your love to your loved ones.(thats all i have to say for now, may her soul rest in peace)
    I'm so sorry Farnoosh, I'll pray for her and you and her family, and everyone touched by such a tragic loss.