View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. I Think It's Time

As most of you know I left my job in April of last year due to a high level of stress and just plain old unhappiness. I still do not regret what I did. During this past year and a half, my husband and I started our adoption process, I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes (which I now have under control), have become a better cook since I now have the time and enjoy it much better now. I walk 3 days a week and I think I am in better shape then I was when I was working. (my husband may state otherwise). ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. A poem (not one of mine!)

by , 11-17-2008 at 04:52 PM (Reflections on the puddle of life)
    So, I'm kinda pretty busy at the moment: working, writing and generally getting from one day to the next. My novel is coming along slowly, but I have a strong theme and a lot of research to do which is fun.

My son is currently learning about creative writing in school, and last week he was asked to write a poem about wind. This is what he wrote:

The Blustering Wind

Who has seen the wind?
    Blowing down the trees
    Leaves blowing down the street ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Kudos (I lost track of the number, haha)

I have made a few kudos blogs for members of Litnet, whose qualities were etched forever into my corner of the internet, where a passing wanderer may happen upon them.
    But there is one who is not of Litnet, but who has seen my blog, that I feel deserves an enduring testament to her greatness. And that is my Sunshine.
    Perhaps I have mentioned her before, perhaps not. She is a guardian of many names. She is Mrs. Allen. She is my orchestra teacher. She is Sunshine. You wonder why I call
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. "Amor a Primera Vista" (5)

It's the penultimate instalment everyone.

The night had ended for most people; only a small group of Spanish men in their sixties lingered behind, drinking liquors and smoking cigars. There were a small number of waiters and waitresses dotted about the terrace collecting glasses and wiping down the tables.

I walked through the clear glass doors and saw him sat on the stage by the balcony, looking out onto the bay with his phone in hand. I walked slowly across ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Pink Ice

by , 11-16-2008 at 04:21 PM (Poetry, Random Thoughts & Ramblings)
    Stained with life that lives no more
    Disfigured forms scar the earth’s floor
    None will be seen till the spring thaw
    Showing evidence of another bloody war

Snow stained carnage yet again
    Showing man’s lust for pain
    And to what is the gain?
    None! It’s just man’s game

Ice so lightly stained in pink
    Tainted water unfit to drink
    And snow covered in life’s ink
    Even more into depravity we sink