View RSS Feed

Most Popular Blogs

1. On self Characterization

by , 08-25-2007 at 10:16 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    The Editor's thread that asks"Who is your favorite literary character?" brought this blog back to mind, especially since I mentioned some of the same characters.

I was thinking about people and how they describe themselves. Most people can't be counted on to accurately characterize themselves, although there are exceptions. I was rereading the Flashman chronicles because I got so annoyed at bad writing when I read Dan Simmons' Empyrion. Fraser had Flashman characterize himself, ...

Updated 09-15-2011 at 11:12 AM by PeterL (sport)

Categories
  2. A sacred pilgrimage to Kerala History

A sacred Pilgrimage

There are 7 stages in a sacred pilgrimage1.The stages are ideas ,not rules.
    1.What it means to be a pilgrim?How different it is from traveling between 2 points?
    2.Read the sighns,the journey as entities.That they take a life of their own.
    3.Aware of our companions.Why we are in a company?This is not always an easy task in life.
    4.The history,the story we are witnessing or experiencing ,its social ,spiritual,cultural,historic or even ...
    Categories
  3. Boddisattva

"If you want to know your past life, look into your present condition; if you want to know your future life, look at your present actions.
    I am present in front of anyone who has faith in me, just as the moon casts its reflection, effortlessly, in any vessel filled with water."

http://www.qigonghealer.com/guru.html ...
    Categories
  4. The Best Gift

“The greatest wedding gift a person can ever get is his/her spouse” – I can already sense you squirming at this dramatic statement! Barring all those thoughts of sentimental romance we all sure do boast of our best material gifts. It is of one such unforgettable gift that I’m going to write in this post today – but is that material or immaterial, you will know at the end.

I must have been in my ninth grade then. They were a young couple in their early twenties blessed with a one ...
    Categories
  5. This is Who I am

by , 11-03-2007 at 03:31 PM (A Little Bit of Everything)
    The way I wanted this next poem to look wouldn't work on here for some reason so I made a picture of it instead-

Categories