View RSS Feed

Most Popular Blogs

1. 50 Greatest Movie Moments of all Time

by , 04-28-2010 at 06:58 PM (A Mirror Floating in Water)
    I was bored so I decided to pay tribute by making a list of what I find to be the greatest moments in the history of cinema. Most of this list is just off the top of my head, but I have strong convictions about it lol.

The greatest cinema is a series of great moments or scenes, this is the greatest of cinema. Be aware, there may be some spoilers! (in order to make this list as spoiler-free as possible, I sometimes use euphemisms or suggestions of what scene or moment I am talking ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Violence in the media, effect on teens

by , 04-30-2010 at 03:53 AM (Foxtrot's Theories)
    VIOLENCE IN THE MEDIA, EFFECT ON TEENS

To the editor,
    The media, and the violence within it, is of great influence to children and teenagers. A key reason for today’s youths behaving violently is what they see on television and video games and what they hear in modern music. Parents and the media are battling to make an impression because the world of technology is winning. Teenagers are using it to learn and communicate, so they are also being filled with the violence ...

Updated 04-30-2010 at 03:57 AM by Heathcliff

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. short update

by , 04-30-2010 at 06:31 PM (Barmy Blue's Bland Blog)
    I promised I wouldn’t wander off and I’m not, I’m only kind of wandering off a little bit. My Novel work’s due in 5th May and I’ve got 2 essays on May 7th. I’m actually lazing around more than working but I am working on it. So blogging doesn’t cross my mind much except for ‘I promised not to wander off for months on end again and it’s been a while since I last blogged. I promised not to wander off until I’d at least filled in the backdated events.’ So this is just me saying I’m still here, I’m ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. O banco, o chÃo, o sono e o sonho

O BANCO, O CHÃO, O SONO E O SONHO

El Carmo

Mairi. Quase trezentos quilômetros de Salvador. É verão e o ônibus chega afinal. Meio-dia. Horus, intranqüilo, desce na tranqüila cidade. Curiosos apenas observam pelas janelas. Abram as jinelas belas donzelas.
    Batia Meia-noite. O frio de outono no seu rosto. Folhas, sob os pés, caídas. Gare du Nord. Noite em Paris, primeira.
    Achou a casa do ...
    Categories
  5. No Man Is an Island by Thomas Merton

This post was originally made in the "Write a Book Review" form.

No Man Is an Island is collection of short, spiritual essays that often (but not always) revolve around monastic life. The author, Thomas Merton, was a Trappist Monk living at the Abbey of Gethsemani when he wrote this book.

Here is picture of Merton:

And here is a picture of the Abbey of ...

Updated 05-04-2010 at 08:57 AM by The Comedian

Categories
    Book Reviews