View RSS Feed

Most Popular Blogs

1. Are We All Pee Pots?

Ok, when I was about 14 my two cousins from Michigan and I were walking home from the drug store talking about the boys we had seen there. One of my cousins had a real crush on one of them but thought he ran around with too many girls. I canít remember what she was saying but she had me laughing so hard that I peed my cutoffs while walking down the street. My other cousin thought it was so funny that she peed her pants just from laughing at me. We were all laughing so hard when we got home that ...
    Categories
  2. Levels of being

by , 04-16-2008 at 11:11 AM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    I just saw something that reminded me of part of the way that my calculus teacher explained imaginary numbers when I was in high school. He said, "Imaginary numbers are really more real than real numbers." I went to a Catholic high school, and the teacher was a member of the Xaverian Brothers. I didn't usually think of him, or the other brothers, as Medieval thinkers, but that idea was very spiritual and Medieval. That idea was also mystical and closely related to the Kaballistic view ...
    Categories
  3. Inspiration

by , 04-17-2008 at 02:06 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    I had a few minutes to kill, so I went to Barnes & Noble. They have many books, but there weren't many that I am interested in reading; although there was a display of romances that looked like they had interesting themes, but that isn't my style. I wandered around for about half an hour and read a chapter in one book. There were a few other books that I might have bought, if I didn't have a stack already to be read.

One thing that I missed were the books by me. I haven't sold ...
    Categories
  4. Epic and Fantasy

As some may have seen, there's been a nice lively discussion going on at this thread http://www.online-literature.com/for...609#post559609 regarding epic genre. This blog entry is partly a response to an excellent post by Bluevictim defending the possibility of a 21st century national epic and questioning whether fantasy is the appropriate genre for the continuation of an epic tradition. I found that there were so many thoughts I wished to express on the subject of epic and ...
    Categories
  5. Pete Loves A Big White Horse

by , 04-24-2008 at 04:03 AM (Sci Fi Story)
    I know the last one was quite the bummer. It was such a bummer, that my Mom called the police, and had me incarcerated. I can't believe it! She knows how much I love her, and how much I love my family, especially my daughter Megan. Can't she just realise I'm venting this, so that I don't explode.

Anyways, I usually spend the day in the following manner. I ...
    Categories