View RSS Feed

Most Popular Blogs

1. Online Personality and Psychological Tests

by , 08-12-2015 at 02:36 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    Or Are You A Psychopath?

I still amuse myself with online personality questionnaires, and some of them are entertaining. I recently took the Psychopath test, and the result was “The complete opposite of a psychopath.” I have done similar questionnaires in the past; I even joined OKCupid to take their Psychopath test. I have flunked all of those tests, not that I thought that I was a psychopath. These questionnaires certainly aren't rigorous, but they do give some idea of general tendencies. ...

Updated 08-14-2015 at 09:42 AM by PeterL

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Restoring the U.S. Economy

by , 08-18-2015 at 03:45 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    One day recently I read an article in The Economist (link below) on how the U.S.A. loses companies because of the horrible tax policies, and I read Comments by one of the people running for President who advocated that same problems that the article had pointed out. The article in the Economist summed up the problem quite nicely. Corporate income taxes in the U.S. are set up so that it’s cheaper and easier to move one’s corporation to another country.

There are two major problems ...
  3. How Old!?

by , 08-20-2015 at 09:42 AM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    I just posted the piece about personality and mental illness screeners, but within the last few days I have taken a few tests that were supposed to tell how old I really am. Some of those are for amusement, while others take themselves very seriously.

A few days ago there was an ad somewhere asking if they could guess my age using five questions. That was fine with me. The result was that I am between ten and fifteen years old. Later that day I noticed that it was the anniversary ...
    Tags: age, quiz
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Cuba Sanctions

by , 08-25-2015 at 02:53 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    Recently, Obama has tried to restore diplomatic relations with Cuba, and the matter of the trade embargo and the billions of dollars worth of expropriated property have been noticed again. The original amount of the properties was determined to be $1.8 billion, and inflation has brought that up to about $7 billion. A large part of the stolen property is being used by Cuban government corporations, but some has been transferred to cooperatives, individuals, and at least a few pieces were sold to ...
  5. Swallowing Lies

by , 08-27-2015 at 04:17 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    It is frightening how gullible most people are. That subject has come up a few times today, so I will honor it with a blog post. Apparently there were aliens on the Moon to greet Neil Armstrong, and there is an ancient alien base on the Moon. There are many websites that have detailed information about human and alien activities on the Moon and on Mars. Some of the information is perfectly serious; some might be legitimate data about those places, and some was clearly put together for humor. ...
    Tags: aliens, lies, mars, moon
    Categories
    Uncategorized