View RSS Feed

Most Popular Blogs

1. Fact and Conjecture

by , 03-14-2015 at 02:11 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    Fact
    1. Something that actually exists; reality; truth:
    Your fears have no basis in fact.
    http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/fact?s=t

Scientific fact
    Any observation that has been repeatedly confirmed and accepted as true; any scientific observation that has not been refuted.
    http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/scientific+fact

Conjecture
    1. The formation or expression of an opinion or theory without sufficient ...
  2. Liberalism, Philosophy of Freedom

by , 03-17-2015 at 02:44 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    The philosophy and idealism that was championed during the Enlightenment and cherished in the United States of America and restored by the Counter Culture in the 1960ís and 1970ís is starting to erode again. There seem to be people who think that their opinions and religious beliefs are better than the opinions of others. I learned that that opinion is best characterized as totalitarianism, and it has led to religious persecution in the past and in the present. That is the philosophy that ISIS is ...
  3. Feudalism Again

by , 03-22-2015 at 06:45 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    Feudalism had been dropping in popularity for several centuries, but recently it has been making a rebound (see link below), but this isnít the only way that feudalism has been recovering. Several years ago I was shocked to discover that a philosophical movement that is somewhat popular among academics was said by one of its adherents to want to undo the Enlightenment. I was too shocked at the time to interrogate the person, who said that, so it remains hearsay, but in less direct ways it has been ...
  4. Real Catastrophes

by , 03-25-2015 at 12:20 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    They may not be as good as conspiracies, but many people that I have encountered love catastrophes, but they seem to prefer non-events and minor catastrophes, even though there have been some real dusies in the past. Right up there with the Biblical flood was the New Madrid earthquake, actually a series of earthquakes that began on December 16, 1811 and lasted until March 15, 1812. The USGS mentions three major quakes and series of aftershocks, while Jared Brooks recorded many shocks during that ...
  5. Religious Freedom

by , 03-27-2015 at 04:20 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    Amendment I
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

Recently I have been surprised to learn that some people are opposed to freedom of religion, and thatís here in the United States of America. There are some countries where there is no freedom ...