View RSS Feed

Recent Blogs Posts

1. “A year spent in artificial intelligence is enough to make one believe in God.”

The quote above is attributed to Alan Perlis.

Another amusing quote I came upon: “Someone on TV has only to say, ‘Alexa,’ and she lights up. She’s always ready for action, the perfect woman, never says, ‘Not tonight, dear.’” — Sybil Sage, as quoted in a New York Times article.

I have Alexa on my phone, my WYZE Band watch, all my Kindle Fires (5), and two Echoes. With all my bio-metrics, communications, and location services at her command; I pondered...

Updated 04-29-2020 at 04:13 PM by tailor STATELY

Categories
  2. Haunted by Hydrangeas...

Since my Mother passed on I've been without a muse. A poet must have a muse whether he or she realizes it. So, I've just chosen a new muse. Several years ago I came upon a painting by Philip Wilson Steer, painted in 1901, titled "Hydrangeas" and fell in love with it; writing a poem that unfortunately needs attention called "Haunted by Hydrangeas". My muse will be the young woman dangling pearls before her cat to play with and is depicted here: https://www.wikiart.org/en/philip-wi...ydrangeas-1901 ...

Updated 04-29-2020 at 05:17 AM by tailor STATELY

Categories