View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. tight schedule

by , 04-30-2010 at 03:56 AM (day in a life)
    well it's my day off, it's 7:40 and I just came back from getting my son to school. Now I'm gonna study a bit (if I get myself going) and at ten I'll be visiting a homeopath and she's says she can fix my lower back and hip pain, we'll see. then I'm gonna go shopping both grocery and for a birthday present for my boy, it's not 'till May 24 but I have been watching this for months and I want to buy it now, it's a cd player for kids with a microphone and recording, he loves to listen to both music ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Violence in the media, effect on teens

by , 04-30-2010 at 03:53 AM (Foxtrot's Theories)
    VIOLENCE IN THE MEDIA, EFFECT ON TEENS

To the editor,
    The media, and the violence within it, is of great influence to children and teenagers. A key reason for todayís youths behaving violently is what they see on television and video games and what they hear in modern music. Parents and the media are battling to make an impression because the world of technology is winning. Teenagers are using it to learn and communicate, so they are also being filled with the violence ...

Updated 04-30-2010 at 03:57 AM by Heathcliff

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Sandra Bullock's Adoption

Perhaps youíve seen that Sandra Bullock has adopted. To be honest I barely know who Sandra Bullock is; Iím not hip with pop stars. Since my wife and I are in the process of adopting, I thought this an interesting read and I searched around for a number of perspectives. Unfortunately most of what I read was silly celebrity news, but there are a couple of tid bits that raised some eye brows.

First she is adopting as a single mom. I guess this was a late development since she is ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. What is that song?

I happened to catch this commercial for a new Ford Mustang on TV and once again my attention was caught by the song. I tried to google the commercial which usually works, but first it was hard to track to the particular commercial I wanted and then when I found the right commercial, I could not find any mention of the song in the commercial anywhere. I have tried looking it up in a dozen different ways, and some of the lyrics are not that clear to make out, but I tried to google what of the lyrics ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Counting raptures

- that Christmas-morning feel

- comfortable robes

- house in a valley at dusk and sunset

- fireplace

- sitting outside with a guitar

- morning coffee in the province

- puto, mangga and tsokolate

- revisiting old elementary schools

- sleep-overs for "thesis and school projects" (note the quotes)

- buying pandesal from the vendor on a bike

Categories
    Uncategorized