View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Equality Is My Business

by , 07-01-2023 at 02:05 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    I had decided to write a post about minding one’s own business, when the Supreme Court decision came down ruling that discrimination violates the Equal Protection Clause of the Fourteenth Amendment, even if people call the discrimination “affirmative action. I think the Equal Protection Clause is wonderful, and all laws should be required to adhere to it completely.

There are some people who think that treating people unequally is good, if it supports their prejudices. I disagree, ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Something to Worry About

by , 06-14-2023 at 03:24 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    It is possible to sue anyone for anything. Fortunately, the courts will dismiss many suits that are pointless, losers from day one. For example, there were the people on Lesbos who sued about the abuse of the term Lesbian. They got their hearing bur lost: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-g...00009920080722

I recall some farmers somewhere having sued NASA for having made holes in the firmament that resulted in ...
  3. Making the Dollar Worth a Dollar, again

by , 05-25-2023 at 06:30 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    Most people don’t think about inflation and the money supply, but they are things that are important. It has come out in the news recently, because Congress is discussing raising the debt ceiling again, and that is an important factor in determining the value of the dollar. The dollar is backed by debt, Treasury Bonds to be specific. As long as there is a market for Treasury bonds, the dollar will be worth something, but the quantity theory of currency applies. That means that the more money that ...
  4. Reparations for some, again

by , 05-19-2023 at 05:51 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    The subject of paying Black Americans for service their ancestors may have done while in servitude to other Americans came up again today. It appears that some people take the idea seriously and do not realize that it is illegal discrimination and a violation of the Equal Protection Clause of the Fourteenth Amendment. It also appears that the people who favor reparations don’t know much history. They seem o think that there was something unique about the enslavement of Black people in America. ...
  5. Measuring Our Society

by , 05-10-2023 at 04:46 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    “The measure of society is how it treats the weakest members” Thomas Jefferson

I would like it, if no one ever had to deal with government regulations or institutions. Unfortunately, there are some people who are incapable of living on their own, and their families do not take care of them. In the past, there were state institutions to care for the mentally ill and the mentally retarded. Those institutions were not wonderful places, but they provided the necessities for life to many ...