View RSS Feed

Recent Blogs Posts

1. Narragansett

by , 01-02-2018 at 10:39 AM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    A few decades ago, I drank Ballantine Ale pretty much every day for several years. I can imagine better tasting ales, but Ballantine was something that I could drink every day. Alas, Narragansett Brewing that produced it went down the tubes. One of the former owners bought the name and recipes, when they became available, and he has been building the company back up.

I hope that Ballantine Ale will be revived in a few years. So far they have only restored about a half dozen brands, ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Evolution, Dentition, and Diet

by , 09-02-2013 at 03:37 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    The basics of human evolution are pretty well known, but there is one matter that hasn’t been tied down, yet. That is the matter of tooth size, cooking, and diet; these are closely related, and they relate to digestion and metabolism. The earliest hominids and their ancestors had teeth that were similar to present day apes, including large canine teeth and larger molars (for grinding up vegetable matter. The large teeth were necessary to process coarse, hard foods such as nuts, and woody plants. ...

Updated 09-03-2013 at 09:46 AM by PeterL

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. The Tragedy of Ale

by , 07-26-2013 at 09:39 AM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    I was planning to write a post on the low quality of American ale, including the output of specialty brewers. To get a little more background I did an online search, and the results all started with “Beer”. This fact is very strong evidence that I have slipped into a different space-time, thus showing more evidence for Everett’s Many Worlds Interpretation of Quantum Theory.

In the world that I came from beer was a fermented malt beverage that was flavored with hops and used a bottom ...

Updated 07-26-2013 at 04:20 PM by PeterL

Categories
    Uncategorized