View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Thinking Scientifically

by , 12-09-2015 at 10:51 AM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    Once again I am going to rant about how people believe hype in preference to science. Earlier today his problem came up in conversation. I don’t remember exactly how we got around to discussing Cholesterol, but I mentioned the fact that even the NIH has admitted that the idea that serum cholesterol doesn’t cause heart disease. This has been known with complete confidence for the last thirty years, or so, but it was only rarely put forth in consumer level literature, so most people believed the myth ...

Updated 12-09-2015 at 02:05 PM by PeterL

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. what I'm reading

"The History of Henry Esmond" by Thackeray.
    Categories
  3. Complicated Questions

by , 12-04-2015 at 08:55 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    One of my more pleasant eccentricities is that I hate the common greeting, “How are you?” I only answer the question directly in very special circumstances, but that’s fine, because most people don’t even realize that they have asked a question.

One of my common responses is, “I don’t know either.” Most people take that wrongly and think that I meant “yet” instead of “either”. There was one person to whom I gave that reply, and he claimed that he hadn’t asked any question. He was ...

Updated 12-04-2015 at 09:10 PM by PeterL

Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. My biography

Of course I had a rural origin, have finished my primary school at a village nearer to ours about fifty Kilometers in the northern part of Mosul city on the left part of Tigris River towering over it as if this River is its own.
    There I had learned the swimming in the first period of youth ages.
    I didn't forget the day when our teacher of English put us at an unexpected exam and those who are my classmates -who are all larger than me-all of them failed in the exam and only me was succeeded

Updated 12-01-2015 at 07:28 AM by Mohammad Ahmad

Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. novel #9 is complete

Just finished the initial draft, and ahead of time. Will require re-reading and proofing by a third party; I expect to have it online early next year.
    Categories