View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Pieter Breughel the Elder (c. 1529- 1569)

Pieter Breughel the Elder was by all standards an absolute giant in the history of art. In some ways his reputation is not unlike that of Titian, Velasquez, Ingres, and Bonnard... a painter's painter who only grows in estimation over time. I first came to him through the work of Hieronymus Bosch and imagined him originally to be something of a poor man's version of Bosch... complete with preening peasants dancing. With time I realized he was much, much more (not to underestimate Bosch... an absolute ...

Updated 10-19-2008 at 11:14 PM by stlukesguild

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Lady of the Dunes

Lady of the Dunes

A whisper in the ear
    stirs against the air
    she stands a nameless soul
    forgotten by time

Her eyes plead
    in her offered cry
    while she remains
    among the dunes

Her story untold
    one faithful night
    her life snuffed out
    and here she fell

Grains of sand sifting
    over her bones
    until her corpse unearthed
    and unknown

None to answer
    Categories
    My Poetry
  3. about my mother

My mom is in the hospital. She’s been there for a couple of days. I thought she went home yesterday, but she didn’t. She expects to leave tomorrow after they do a little more testing on her. Getting old must be hell. I wasn’t sure if I should mention it, but I decided to go ahead. She had some chest pain after throwing some very heavy freight at work. (Sorry mom. Maybe I shouldn’t have said anything. Cat’s out of the bag now) She says there is nothing wrong with her and she shouldn’t have ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Writing

by , 10-18-2008 at 04:28 PM (Shannanigan's Search for More...)
    The trick about getting the idea in one's head to write a novel, is that in order for it to acutally happen, you have to commit yourself to it.

This has always been my problem. I've got novel ideas coming out of my ears, but I just keep running into issues of TIME.

I'll admit, there have been times when I really wasn't too busy to be writing. I've had my share of lazy summers and easy semesters. For those, I will take responsibility for. Still, I'm not getting any younger, ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Cheddar

by , 10-18-2008 at 03:40 PM (Half the time)
    Just realized that although art is a very important of my life, I've never actually posted any of it here :O

(not avoiding studying for chem or anything... at all)

Older stuff:
    Trees (pastel)

The Death of Summer (watercolors/ pen)

More recent:
    Categories
    Uncategorized