View RSS Feed

Away with the Fairies- The Travel Diary of an Irish WebFairy

The long awaited Trip to Canada blog (here it is virgil)

Rate this Entry
So i've been very tardy with blogging in the last few months and never got around to blogging about my trip to Canada to see Kilted!

I got there late on the saturday and Kilted and his lovely mam picked me up from the airport. (Yep! I met his mother for the first time after hours of travelling and flying, tried, sweaty and cranky... she still liked me. ) We took a quick stop off in Orangeville for food in the Swiss Chalet (is that right?) and i had my first sloppy. When i saw warm chicken sandwich with gravy on the menu i thought it would be a toasted sambo with some gravy on the side. Nope! Warm with gravy smothered on top. And it was delicious!!!!
We got to Kincardine at about 11.30pm. I'd been up 24 hours by this point and Kilteds mam dropped us off at his place. I got in the door and passed out.
The Sunday we celebrated my birthday. We met his mam and his brother for a coffee that morning in the coffee shop by his place. Then off to the shops to buy food as kilted had no food in his place. We went for a walk later in the day and then I got dinner made for me as part of my birthday treat!
Had homemade prawn cocktail for starters, chicken and baby potatoes in a creamy mushroom sauce for dinner and chocolate fondue for desert.
heres me with my starter. Was all yummy!

The tulips were from Kilted that i was given at the airport. arent they lovely?
On the monday we went for breakfast. I've never seen so much food in all my life! mental. i think we went into the bookstore that day and i bought a first edition Robin Mckinley book (which i've blackmailed Nightshade with. yep! I'm a lovely friend! haha) and Le Morte d'Arthur for about ten dollers. went for a walk. it was cold.
We went down to the beach and kilted fell on his bum. (love this picture!)

He slipped trying to catch me because i sank into a load of snow.
That night we (i think) we went for dinner in the eerie bell. Once again never seen so much food! I do however like the fact you can take home whatever you dont eat. dont get that here... but then you dont get some monsterous potrions either!
The tuesday we celebrated our valentines and went to a fantastic restaurant called Tramontos. food was to die for yummy!
On the wednesday we walked around kincardine again, mainly down to the frosen harbour.

there is a beautiful lighthouse there.

That night we went around to his mams for dinner. She made a fish pie and it was lovely! Kilted wore his Dublin jersey that i got him as a birthday present!

I think it really suits him!

Thursday was his birthday. I took him out for breakfast for his birthday and we met his mam later that day for coffee. Then it was my turn to cook him dinner.
Homemade butternut squash and sweet potato soup for starter, my stuffed breaded portabello mushrooms for main and store bought carrot cake for desert!

Friday we lazed about and then went for chinese with his mam for dinner.
Saturday it was off to Toronto. His mam drove as we were supposed to meet up with his brother and brothers girlfriend and go lunch and the museum, but by the time we ate lunch it was too late to go, so we headed for the hotel and i said goodbye to his mam and Bro.
That night we went into Medieval Times. Was great!
Sunday we went into the city as i had to pop into Tiffenys to get a charm for my nieces birthday present. then we went to the Hard Rock for dinner.
The it was time to go home. I said goodbye to Kilted at the airport.

Here are a couple fo pics of us from the hol

Updated 04-13-2010 at 07:16 PM by Niamh

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Can I just say that the two of you are adorable :D You both look amazingly happy, and it sounds like a lovely trip. Can you send me the recipe for the stuffed mushrooms? They look very tasty.
    They are my own receipe. I wonder if you can patent a receipe? I'll write it up for u.
    Fiddlesticks I had forgotten you had that book!
    Quote Originally Posted by Niamh
    They are my own receipe. I wonder if you can patent a receipe? I'll write it up for u.
    Ummm trademark a recipie yeah I think so ...
    [QUOTE=Niamh;bt47620]They are my own receipe. I wonder if you can patent a receipe? I'll write it up for u. :)[/QUOTE]

Thank you!! I love them grilled, but I've never tried stuffing them:)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade
    Fiddlesticks I had forgotten you had that book!
    I hope you remember the terms and conditions too.
    I loved this!! I'm glad i pushed you to write it. What a wonderful trip you had and you two make a great couple. Great pictures too!

Oh and I love lighthouses. That's a cool one.
    The lighthouse is the towns mascot. they call him blinky. It really was a wonderful trip. I forgot to write how cold it was in Toronto! -20! eek!
    Oh, that's why I could never live in Canada. I find New Yor City too cold in the winter. I want heat. 20 below! I can't even imagine how cold that is. I'm really pulling for global warming to hit the planet.
    Is that Mississauga? The lighthouse looks familiar, and yes the chicken restaurant is called Swiss Chalet

Edit: Too many towns around Lake Ontario to keep track of them all.

Edit2: Silly me, just saw Kincardine, wow all the way from Lake Superior to Toronto, that's a fairly long drive.
    Updated 04-13-2010 at 08:01 PM by OrphanPip
    A drive from lake superior would be very long indeed... but from Lake Huron, where the town is, takes between two and three hours. (sorry ! couldnt resist!)
    Love is a many splendored thing! I feel sure the fairies blessed you both on this trip. Here''s to many more days in each other's company.
    yes it was a wonderful time, 44 days to go
    Quote Originally Posted by Niamh
    A drive from lake superior would be very long indeed... but from Lake Huron, where the town is, takes between two and three hours. (sorry ! couldnt resist!)
    Haha, obviously my Ontario geography isn't up to par.
    Quote Originally Posted by OrphanPip
    Haha, obviously my Ontario geography isn't up to par.
    hehe. sorry i really couldnt resist!