View RSS Feed

Recent Blogs Posts

1. The Coming U.S. Debt Crisis

by , 04-15-2019 at 06:07 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    Debtors love inflation. The more they owe, the more inflation they want. That is because inflated dollars cost less, so the debtors can repay the same nominal amount for a lower value. That works whether you are a real estate developer or the U.S.A. The U.S. Treasury and the Federal Reserve Bank have been encouraging high inflation for a long time, so that the Treasury can pay off bonds with cheaper dollars. If inflation is running at average rate of 2.68% per annum, thirty year bonds can be paid ...

Updated 04-16-2019 at 05:05 PM by PeterL (clarity)

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Restoring Civility

by , 04-06-2019 at 07:19 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    During most of my life so far I lived in rather safe areas, places where the general populace was well-behaved, and there was a local police force that was adequate. Unfortunately, the place where I presently live is becoming progressively less safe. Eight years ago, I moved back to Amherst; unfortunately, Amherst has gone from being a pleasant and friendly place to a place where people are in fear of violent crime, and with good reason, a significant part of the town’s population has become unreliable, ...

Updated 04-06-2019 at 07:23 PM by PeterL

Categories
    Uncategorized