View RSS Feed

title

description

1. Back to Quotes: Who Said This?

". . . there are books of which the backs and covers are by far the best parts.

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Back to Quotes: Who Said This?

". . . there are books of which the backs and covers are by far the best parts.

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. PLESANTLY HAPPY!

I have been saturating myself in Virginia Woolf’s essays, and truly have come to love her gift of writing. She demonstrates such an amazing beauty of style and sensibility! There is no way one can read her writings and feel lethargic! She pulls the reader into her depth of thought, and the descriptive images Woolf uses are nothing short of addictive. Indeed, her language is the bait that lures this reader’s curious mind. There is no escaping the need to read on! It is like sitting at a smorgasbord ...
    Categories
  4. Cold Mountain

I am near the end of reading "Cold Mountain" for the first time, and find it fascinating. Just wanting to get some feedback from any of you fellow Lit freaks about it... do you like or dislike it, and why? What are the strengths or issues in the book, the storyline, syntax, etc...?

Thanks!!!

Categories
  5. Let's Talk about Cold Mountain

Opinions are welcomed! I am reading this for a senior seminar class...Never been too enthralled with modern lit, but this is not bad. Just looking for some feedback...

Thanks!
    Categories
Page 1 of 10 123456 ... LastLast