View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Put the Mafia Out Of Business

by , 01-13-2014 at 05:09 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    Is it a proper role for government to save people from themselves?

There are many people who think that they know how everyone should live his or her life. Those are the people who enacted laws that ban actions that harm no one, such as laws banning the use of certain chemicals. There are people who are not capable of taking care of themselves, and there should be protection for those, but the overwhelming majority of people are capable of determining for themselves.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Ashes From Burnt Roses

I was going to post my 2013 reads but instead Iíll just let all of Lit Net in on my personal literature blog and you can get to my reads from there. I started this blog just over a year ago. I had been reading a number of literature blogs around the internet and realized that thoughts on my reads as I go throughout the year might be interesting to some. At a minimum it lets me document what I thought of a work during or soon after I read it, and sharing it with the general public is a way to ...

Updated 01-14-2014 at 11:31 PM by Virgil

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. The End of Racism

by , 01-11-2014 at 10:57 AM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    I don't think much of racism mostly because it is not a valid way to classify humans. But before I go further into that, there are a couple of things that I have to clear up. First, what is a race?

Whether one is considering animals or plants, a race is a subspecies that is separated from others of that species physically and by some genetic distance. Subspecies are on their way to becoming a separate species, but genetic drift has not yet separated them that much. An example of subspecies ...

Updated 01-11-2014 at 11:34 AM by PeterL

Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Silence is good

by , 01-11-2014 at 06:08 AM (day in a life)
    Well school starts next week and I don't even have word in my computer yet. Haven't done a thing in my thesis for a while and I am just lazy. I did go over my bookcases yesterday, I do that about 3 or 4 times a year. My back is killing me after all the heavy lifting. But I always love doing it. Doing something physical that doesn't require much thought calms my head, if that makes any sense.

My brain is always working overtime and I go to sleep planning the next day, there is never ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Pickled jam?

by , 01-10-2014 at 11:06 PM (Barmy Blue's Bland Blog)
    In recent news; Napoleon fixed the aerial today, Yuki's still so itchy that she's tearing her own fur out....did I mention that before, and I made strawberry jam yesterday. I was so pleased with myself. Although I thought we had a clean jar and lid, a pickled onion jar but still. Had the jar but no lid so I had to take one from another jar of pickled onions that was just filled with vinegar now and use that. Even though I washed it vinegar odour is really hard to get rid of. I left the jar overnight ...

Updated 01-10-2014 at 11:12 PM by Bluebiird

Categories
    Uncategorized