View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. My eyes do decieve me...

by , 06-16-2010 at 02:53 PM (Cloudy Trophies)
    Can anyone understand these things? It seems so farcical Ė that man can be so inventive, so creative, and yet a slave to the physical self! Is it perhaps because my mind so often conjures up mighty vistas of the imagination, never needing banal sight, that my eyes have wasted so? The sheer power of inherent wonderment is often enough; why then am I still so reliant on these weak orbs? Can human craft beget nothing more profound than flimsy plastic plates and tender wires to keep me truly in this ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. The Playroom & More Pictures

I think Iíll describe the Baby House, as itís commonly referred to, and where we stay with Matthew for the hour we have with him each day.

The real Baby House was completely different, something that looked like it was set up for children: bright colors for curtains and rugs, pleasant paint hues, large windows for lots of sunshine, potted plants on the window sills, big open spaces, childrenís decorations, two buildings that are connected with indoor corridors, an ...

Updated 08-03-2010 at 02:39 PM by Virgil

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. My Newest Book Stacking Innovation

Subtitle: What happens when you have too much time on your hands.

I think this might actually be the most functional design.

Categories
    My Photography
  4. Tower of Books or Tower of Doom

I question how stucturally sound this is, but the way I originally staked them was not proving to be very effective anyway. So I thought I would try to get creativie with it.

P.S As it turns out the whole thing ended up collapsing while I was still downloading the photo on my computer.
    Categories
    My Photography
  5. To the bus stop, bareback

This poem was originally written for the Subject poetry contest.

To the bus stop, bareback

The old barbed-wire gate --
    Then the pond and cattails,
    Then the big bare hill and
    over sagebrush, sagebrush.

To the bus stop, bareback
    Fast freedom to backtrack

From her long mane I swung
    Like Christmas tinsel and
    She would run, run, run, run --
    The halter not halting.

To the bus stop, ...