View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Regarding Federal Reserve System

by , 10-15-2023 at 05:45 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    I recently learned that there still are people who believe the conspiracy theory that the Federal Reserve System is privately owned. One need only read Title 12, Chapter 3 of the U.S. Code to read about its ownership and what it is supposed to be doing. Some background is necessary for the creation of the Fed to make sense.

The Panic of 1907 was probably the most severe financial panic in U.S. history. There were multiple problems that came together to make the panic, but it became ...
  2. Improving Government

by , 10-03-2023 at 04:55 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    There are several types of government, and each types has its backers, but I think that only two kinds of government have been called the best, but I believe that benevolent despotism has most consistently been recognized as the best form of government. Some people suggest that it might be impossible to have the despot remain benevolent, but that is more a matter of the personality of the individual than anything else. Whether a particular individual would agree that the despot was benevolent might ...
  3. Who profits from climate change alarmism

by , 09-16-2023 at 03:52 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    Consider businesses that have grown from the climate change alarmism. They range from making electric cars to making or selling solar panels to windmill arrays, and there are other companies that are looking toward sea level rise, the melting of Greenland’s ice, and other changes happening as results of climate change. There will be more, and there are some who are pushing for restrictions on economic activity because of assertions that those activities caused climate change. Like most social changes, ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. How Long

by , 08-30-2023 at 02:44 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    For several reasons, I sometimes wonder how long humans can live, and I also wonder whether death may be voluntary. In my limited experience, people often seem to have an innate sense for how long they will live, and they are relatively accurate, and that has led me to wonder how long humans can live. There was that Chinese herbalist, Li Ching-Yuen, who lived more than 250 years. And there was Old Tom Parr, an Englishman who lived 152 years. And there are others who were 150 years or older when ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. New Ethics

by , 08-15-2023 at 03:23 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    Maybe it's just in this area, but it seems like the standards for ethics and honesty have changed in the last few years. While it is easy to point at Trump as the paragon of these new standards, he isn't the only one, but no one has produced such a wide range of new ethical standards. The sexual ethical standards of Hollywood recruiters were a “special case”, because they were not used in other industries to any significant degree. But Trump had the nerve to apply those standards to a casual encounter ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized