View RSS Feed

Recent Blogs Posts

1. Politician showing Courage

by , 08-30-2021 at 08:23 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    We all know that politicians usually regard their profession as the art of doing what is most likely. There are exceptions, but Trump was an outlier. Biden, oddly enough, is another outlier, but he lies outside the norm in a different direction. Most U.S. Presidents seek first to help themselves and their adherents. George W. Bush sought to help his pals in the oil and gas industry with the war in Iraq, and some say that there were plans for a pipeline through Afghanistan, but that is irrelevant, ...

Updated 08-30-2021 at 08:44 PM by PeterL

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Leaving Afghanistan

by , 08-13-2021 at 09:05 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    Those who have not studied history are doomed to repeat it, while those of us who have studied watch in horror.

With Biden's decision to pull out of Afghanistan, I have been reminded of what came earlier. Many people thought that W's invasion of Afghanistan made sense. But those were people who had not looked at the History of Afghanistan. I will not give a thorough accounting of their history an will only look at the last two hundred years, even though Afghan history has ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Good Nutrition & Better Logic

by , 08-06-2021 at 05:41 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    I don't generally even think about nutrition, but it came to mind recently as a widely popular marketing scam. And the horrible lunch I had today (chicken with coconut curry) tamped it down. The chicken would have been dandy, it it had simply cooked in its fat and a little added water to make it fill the rice, but there was no fat in the chicken, and it was dry, so it was barely edible. Then I remembered that fat has bee relegated to a low place in current American cookery, and that is very unfortunate, ...