View RSS Feed

Halls of the Dark Muse

It Never Stops

Rate this Entry
I am really annoyed with my teacher right now. Yes I am complaining about school again but it is just ridiculous.

So as I have mentioned before I am taking a couple of online classes, and in one of my online classes the teacher threatened to doc points from the entire class because she asked us to do something that was literally impossible to do and then once to penalize us since no one was able to do it.

So basically the way the class works is there is a forum bored just for the class where students have discussions on the readings for the class and other class assignments and such.

And there is this new program that is used now as a way for students to turn in assignments instead of e-mailing them to the teacher, you copy and paste them into this program and your name is automatically attached and than the teacher can open them up and read them.

Well as a way to take attendance for the class she wanted us to copy the whole discussion bored and paste it into the program. Well the way the way the program works when you copy and paste the discussion bored into it, it automatically turns it into "text only" and that is not the format the teacher wanted it in but there is no way to do it the way she wants it done. The program just does not work that way.

Usually when an entire class, or the majority of a class get something wrong the teacher takes some personal responsibility and accountability for it and consider perhaps the problem is not with the students but with something she or he is doing, but now she just said that the entire class could not get full credit for attendance because no one turned it in correctly.

Comments

Souns like a case for studnt-teacher meeting by way of arbitration with the the proctor(?) or student liasion--I really don't know the word. My son finished a course awhile back where his grade was adjusted when a teacher made the mistake of penalising him on a personal bias of theirs which conflicted with his personal belief and thus violated his constitutional rights. It had to do with the use of B.C. and A.D. in a paper. The grade was adjustedbut the teacher ignored him for the rest of the semester. Character building moment. I was proud of my son and my cynical side towards positions of power holders remained intact.
    That is absolutely rediculous, muse. Is there a higher-up you could talk to about this?
    Maybe there's a larger lesson for you to come away with, in spite of the injustice.
    Well myself and a couple other students had brought up the point that we attempted to do what she wanted but the program would not allow us, so I am hoping that perhaps she might realize her error and make an adjustement.