View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Some Noted and Not So Noted Authors from The Saint Magazine

Recently I spent some time skimming through some of my Saint Mystery magazines reading various short stories. I read some of Leslie Charteris' Saint stories to see how they hold up NOW. When I was a pre-teen they couldn't be beat until I discovered Donald Hamilton's Matt Helm (and the Nick Carter Killmaster series but that's a whole other better left unposted story). Young adult to the mid-40s found me looking somewhat with disdain at them as mystery and adventure stories but mellowness has set ...

Updated 06-24-2010 at 09:57 PM by mtpspur (typos and missed a title to Christie)

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. The Fall of La Belle Dame Sans Merci

The Fall of La Belle Dame Sans Merci

You have me lashed down
    upon your altar of sacrifice
    naked flesh torn and twisted
    laid down beneath the chains
    you bind me to.

My wings severed
    there is no room left for escape
    as I stare into the hopeless
    sky above and cry my tears
    in pools of moonlight.

You've ensnared me
    in your midnight eyes
    caught my reflection before the
    Categories
    My Poetry
  3. Behind the Mystery

Categories
    My Photography
  4. This Week

by , 06-23-2010 at 11:20 AM (My Blog...How original.)
    So this week has been pretty chill. My older brother came down for a few days. He's leaving today, but i'm glad for the time we got to spend with each other.
    Also today i'll be seeing a vocal therapist. she will hopefully teach me some techniques that help me speak better which in the end will help my vocal cords heal faster and keep them from getting "ruined" again. Gah, until that time i must stick with the medicine.
    As i posted saterday, i went and saw Toy Story ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Ajigaba!!

Mason made up a magic word, AJIGABA. It's been my very favorite word. He uses this word to stop me from telling him to do something. If he says it with just the right magical flair it works. It cracks me up and I forget what I'm telling him to do. Since Mason has had such great success with this magic word we have all taken to using it. If the kids are fighting I can do a fancy ajigaba and they stop. I think it would work for you, too, but you'd have to master the magical flair delivery. ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized