View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. A new year has come

by , 01-01-2014 at 07:02 AM (day in a life)
    Well today is the first day of the new year. I am kinda tired, we were at my moms house yesterday but me and the boy walked home before 12 cause I was scared the dogs would be freaking out alone at home. They were OK and we just celebrated the new year and watched the Muppets movie. Here on the ice people buy fireworks for crazy amounts of money and then everybody is blowing them up in their backyards. My son was terrified walking the streets with all this going on. People stop traffic and are just ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Remember?

by , 12-31-2013 at 05:43 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    Memory is strange. The human memory isnít completely analogous with computer hard drives, but there is a lot of similarity. The biggest difference is that we canít tell whether our memories are accurate. But with magnetic memory we canít tell whether the data was accurately recorded; although errors in the actual memory are usually obvious. There may be errors in our memories, but the brain plasters those over with something, so we canít tell whether there was an error or something else ...
  3. 2013 in books

by , 12-31-2013 at 05:46 AM (Reflections on the puddle of life)
    Itís been another busy reading year, and an interesting one as they generally are. I had two reading goals this year: to read more books written by women, and to read more non-fiction. The first goal I have met with ease, with 65% of my reading by female writers. My second goal has proven more of a challenge and though I have read a few non-fiction books, not nearly as many as I had planned. It is a goal I will carry forward into my next reading year. Of course I have been doing a lot of factual ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Misdesign

by , 12-26-2013 at 04:31 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    Sometimes I wonder about designers of various things, including architects, designers of consumer goods, industrial goods, computer software, and so on. I have known for a long time that they seldom use the things designed, so they donít know how to get things to work correctly. But thatís old news. I am wondering now if it might be a good idea to train people who design things to consider how those things will be used.

I recall having heard that Marcel Breuer said something along ...

Updated 12-26-2013 at 09:16 PM by PeterL

Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Eight Obstacles to be Avoided to have Firm Spiritual and Moral Reformations

by , 12-26-2013 at 03:19 AM (The Promised Revival -- To Bring Faith Back Even If It Had Gone To Pleiades (i.e. weakened).)
    Peace be on you.
    Following obstructions hinder sustainable spiritual and moral reformations.

1- Keeping only short-term matters in view and ignoring accountability in Hereafter.

2- Habits can weaken practices.

3- Thinking that some sins and some virtues are big and some are small.

4- Environment and copying others without care.

5- Meeting family needs by improper means.

6- No constant self check. ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized