View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Crazy of the Year

by , 12-17-2009 at 08:43 PM (A Mirror Floating in Water)
    I try noy to let myself get political, as a matter of fact, I hardly have any political convictions whatsoever, as I believe that it splits people apart. I always like taking a detached and distant view of things. But this I can't help. Salon magazine has named its 'Crazy of the Year' and to anybody with common sense knowledge of psychology, will find this particuarly correct. Yep, you guessed it.

http://www.salon.com/news/the_year_i...rce=newsletter
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. My Baby Came Home!

OMG I am so excited I cannot believe it

As I have made mention of before, all of my cats are feral cats, and my cat Demeter was part of a litter that was born in my garage and that I ended up raising by hand because the mother was malnourished, and really too young to have had a litter, and I was worried about her health and her kittens because though I left food out for them as a feral she wouldn't really get proper care.

There was a total of four kittens
    Categories
    Random Musings
  3. Your parrot is dead, Senor!!!

I enjoyed the way the dialogue was put together for this. Better than most jokes one comes across.

At dawn the telephone rings, 'Hello, Senor Rod? This is Ernesto, the caretaker at your country house.'

'Ah yes, Ernesto. What can I do for you? Is there a problem?'

'Um, I am just calling to advise you, Senor Rod, that your parrot, he is dead'

'My parrot? Dead? The one that won the International competition?'

'Si, Senor,

Updated 12-16-2009 at 09:16 PM by Virgil

Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. A change is as good as a rest...

by , 12-16-2009 at 05:49 PM (Reflections on the puddle of life)
    or so they say

It's been a pretty chaotic time for me recently. There's been quite a bit of change in my life. Which is good; I'm okay with change. I've realised a few things too, which I often do. One, that work has swallowed a lot of my year this year and as a result my writing has suffered. Two, that I've become more placid, less easily stressed, or perhaps less concerned about getting things right. Next year I hope to build on that, build more balance into my life, put myself ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. moving closer to earth

by , 12-16-2009 at 05:00 PM (day in a life)
    I went to work today. I may have said this a few times before but I work in a home for the elderly while I'm finishing school, it's really hard and heavy work, so many sick people. well I was very lucky today (or not) for I was in the most difficult part of the place and with a woman who is a workaholic... the only thing I ate yesterday was popcorn so my energy was not the best it can be. around 9 I was feeling dizzy and just needed to eat a little to get some strength and she grabbed my arm and ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized