View RSS Feed

Barmy Blue's Bland Blog

Ah........

Rate this Entry
Um.......kind of speechless here......
We. May be having some problems. Very soon.
For quite some time now mum's been without a boss and she's kind of between departments, doing reports and whatnot . Well, since she doesn't have a line manager she's sending her reports to the relevant people but now one of them's turned round and said why are you sending me this? I already have someone doing this. Ah.

Last month her office moved again.. It's a money saving scheme. They moved from the office, that I worked in, a few months ago to a cheaper office that was near a railway station. Now they've moved to another office on the other side of London because they've joined up with this other company who are willing to go halves on the office rental for a year. Fair enough but what are they going to do next year when they're paying for it all by themselves? Also, to help out employees in getting to this new office they've offered a slight pay rise for six months (starting this month) to cover petrol costs. While they're doing all this they're trying to save money.

Call me stupid but I don't see how that works. The office space will be cheap for a year but then what? Also, you surely have to pay for moving. They're also offering this little extra for six months. So what's the point of all this? Ah. Because they're trying to cut costs they're getting rid of people.

Aha. They're shedding dead weight any way they can. That brings us back to the main point. Guess who came home about 20-30 minutes ago, hugged the dog and told her to stop sniffing her bag because there were no treats with a slight catch in her throat. Throughout this I was staring with a stupefied expression. What the hell is she doing home early?

She's on garden leave............. It means she's off for a week while they figure out whether to drop her or dump her somewhere else........

This is a woman who throughout my life has always been working, to the point that I've spent a lot of time on my own because of it and have come to resent the work place. Particularly offices. Last time I worked in one my pyromania fantasies started coming back. No. I would never actually set fire to something. There are too many variables to consider and it's just too much effort. Besides, It wouldn't achieve anything except to kill me, maim me or land me in prison. However. If they let her go my fantasies might come back again. Originally I had them about school.

The work place is a surprisingly cutthroat world. Where the top dog will stomp all over the hard working little drones who take all their **** and don't complain. Bastards bastards bastards.
Answering the question once and for all. Why hasn't Blue got a job yet? Because the workplace is full of bastards. Bastards bastards bastards.

Now Blue's feeling depressed again. Blue was feeling happy, if a little restless but pretty happy. Now this. Blue feels like scum because she hasn't got a job yet but Blue would feel like crap if she did have a job. Blue is feeling unhappy on both sides again.

Ah. Sorry about all that.

Updated 06-13-2012 at 02:29 PM by Bluebiird

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I'm so sorry about your mother. In my opinion bosses are truly evil. Because they are always, I repeat, always doing stuff like this just because they CAN.
    I'm sorry to hear about your Mum's job Blue. Hopefully she'll not be one of the ones let go. I remember my dad going through the same a number of years ago when his company restructured. They all had to interview for their positions again, but they already knew who they were keeping and who was being let go.
    I hope and know that everything wil come right with your Mum - it always does.

Ladyluck, that whole "interviewing for your job" when they already have decided who is staying and going is one of the many vile things about the corporate world. I think it's designed to lower esteem and let you know who has the power. Anyway, this too always passes