View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. what I'm reading

Read through Nabokov's "The Tragedy of Mr. Morn"; beginning the third (and last) volume of Mark Twain's autobiography. (This may take some time.)
    Categories
  2. The Scabless

by , 04-19-2016 at 10:46 PM (Barmy Blue's Bland Blog)
    Just a quick update.
    My scab peeled off. Now I have an oddly shiny pink line there instead.
    A day or two ago the burn started to look kind of dry and peelable. I worried that if it snagged on something it would rip the scab off too. So yesterday I did a little picking and snapping of skin but only the parts not attached to the new skin anymore. I was worried about peeling it because it might cause the very thing I was trying to prevent but I found that the burnt skin was able to snap ...

Updated 04-19-2016 at 10:51 PM by Bluebiird

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. The Long Awaited Christmas Part 2

by , 04-17-2016 at 02:41 AM (Barmy Blue's Bland Blog)
    (Edit: sorry. Had the urge to post again)
    Oh alright. But don’t get your hopes up. Some things are hazy.
    Some random things to mention first.
    I was rather insistent that we get a TV guide for Christmas so we’d know what was on when without having to look it up online. That way if there was anything we really wanted to see we could stack our viewing. Good thing too. Because I was able to clearly cross out anything that was on at the same time as MUST SEE things. I was ...

Updated 04-17-2016 at 04:36 AM by Bluebiird

Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. The Daring Dog Escape

by , 04-17-2016 at 12:43 AM (Barmy Blue's Bland Blog)
    Don’t worry. It wasn’t my dog. The story as far as I know is completely true. Sometimes reality is stranger than fiction.
    On Friday night mum came home and told me how she hurt her thumb. It’s a little crazy.
    Some things to note.
    She had work that day so couldn’t hang around too much.
    I have met and know the dog in question and her owner. I’ve seen them a couple of times back when I used to take Yuki to the park in the afternoons (I stopped mainly because I’d ...

Updated 04-17-2016 at 01:00 AM by Bluebiird

Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Othering, Cultural Appropriation, and "Racism"

by , 04-14-2016 at 08:54 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    This morning someone told me that some government form he was filling out asked for “race”. I thought we had finished with that some time ago. There are no races of humans beyond the human race. There are vile people who seek throw division into human activity by falsely claiming that there are races of humans. Those people are racists.

Race is a clear and well defined characteristic of some species of plants and animals, see links below. There are other sources that equate race ...