View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. New Books

I got to go out to one of my favorite local bookstores today so here is what I got this time around:

The Princess of Cleves by Madame De Lafayete

Roma: A Novel of Ancient Rome by Steven Saylor

The Island of Lost Girls by Jennifer McMahon

Grendel by John Gardner

The Red Queen by Margaret Drabble

Baltasar and Blimunda by Jose Saramago
    Categories
    Books
  2. The Eve of Destruction of the Two Party System

by , 11-01-2013 at 03:22 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    For quite a while I have thought that the two major parties in the U.S.A. would come to an end, but I couldn’t tell what the proximate causes would be; although the Republican Party was destroyed by W, and the Tea Partiers are completing that destruction, but it was unclear how the Democrats would destroy their party. Now it looks like Obamacare is the instrument that the Dems created to destroy their party.

Not only is the website for enrolling not working well, but I just saw ...

Updated 11-02-2013 at 10:46 AM by PeterL

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. So. Halloween.

by , 10-31-2013 at 11:26 PM (Barmy Blue's Bland Blog)
    It was a pretty hectic day. I made orange bat pops and skulls. Didn't get to make the black skulls like I wanted, didn't have time. I wrapped up my home made sweets in sandwich bags tied with ribbon. It's just because of germs. I remember a while ago hearing people being advised to give the children wrapped or packaged sweets amid those whole glass and razor blades and stuff concerns but it also applies to germs. Children are germ magnets after all.

I wanted to do purple ones but ...

Updated 10-31-2013 at 11:39 PM by Bluebiird (Who knew only 5 pics per post? I'll put the rest in later.)

Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Hello Stranger

by , 10-29-2013 at 02:52 PM (Barmy Blue's Bland Blog)
    Hello hello hello. What's it been? 3 months since I last made contact. So. Why now? Because Halloween is almost upon us and I don't want to spring everything on you then. Yes. I have big plans for this year. Maniacal laughter.
    So, when last we spoke Yuki had a hurt paw, there was a drippy pipe outside my window and I was making a plastic bag. So.
    The paw got better after a couple of days, seems fine so far.
    Napoleon came round to fix the water tank. The dripping pipe was the ...

Updated 10-29-2013 at 03:11 PM by Bluebiird

Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. what

by , 10-28-2013 at 02:15 PM (day in a life)
    How busy life has been and will continue to be for the next 2 months or so. I finished my first draft for my BA, my teacher wants it next week so my brother is reading over it now. He says I have Yoda syndrome, when I write I tend to turn words around so they only make sense in a Yoda voice. Teacher like that not.

I have 3 more essays to write this month before exams start. One about The Phantom Carriage and I am going to compare it to other figures who take souls like Charon. Then ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized