View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Parenthood

by , 05-15-2010 at 06:38 PM (the ocean always dreamed blue dreams)
    I was talking with my son recently when the collar of his shirt moved and I saw that he had a tatoo on his chest. Another tatoo!

Now I have to admit that I am not a fan of the tatoo. I know they are popular these days, much to my chagrin. And to those of you here on Lit-Net who are decorated in this fashion, this is not directed at you or about you. I like your tatoos, just fine. But they are not for me, and I have to say, I wish they were not for my sons. But they love them and would, ...

Updated 05-15-2010 at 09:18 PM by qimissung

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. More AAA Madness

I often have the image in my head of holding a club and repeatedly beating in the heads of AAA members who ask some of the most silly and unreasonable requests. And I'm a gentle man at heart loud of bark but stumps for fangs in reality.

The only thing that keeps me sane sometimes is knowing we do a little good from time to time.

A driver was sent to New Lebanon to a Garden Center for a tire change. Upon arrival he did not see the car anywhere. I call what turns ...

Updated 05-16-2010 at 07:15 PM by mtpspur

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. In a Taxi in Suriname

What is your name, brother?
    I am Jean-Paul.
    You are named for two good men.
    Saints, sir.
    Yes, necessarily dead. Saints, I mean.
    They are still as scented death.
    Yes sir.
    When I was a child, Jean-Paul...
    Yes sir.
    When I was just a child,
    and watched a baby sister die,
    I wore Gucci frames.
    Donated,
    to or by some other saint,
    I don't know which.
    And though I saw her clear,
    through that prism, ...

Updated 05-25-2010 at 12:59 AM by hack

Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. We Are Off

Ok, weíre set. Tomorrow weíre off, into the wild blue yonder of half way around the world to a place as remote and ancient as anywhere in the world, a place where westerners crossed over as part of the silk road to China, a place Marco Polo could have felt comfortable, though he didnít cross that way, a place where the first horses were supposed to have been domesticated, a culture over the centuries mixed with Mongols and Turks and Cossacks and Persians and Chinese, a vast land mostly of steppe ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Things I Hate

by , 05-14-2010 at 07:45 PM (Barmy Blue's Bland Blog)
    A list of things I hate (Iíve tried to put it in order but it depends on how I feel so I might change it).

1) When people mispronounce/spell my surname. Itís surprisingly common and Iíve no idea why. Even if I spell it to them they seem to insist on adding an Ďsí on the end of it. Itís gotten to a stage where I want to hit them when they do it (never hit anyone yet, but if I get pissed off enough then maybe) and thatís why itís at number 1.

2) Being looked at/treated ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized