View RSS Feed

Logos' blog

♥Amazon♥

Rate this Entry
Currently my ♥ Amazon Wish List ♥ is at 9 pages. I'm hoping to get it down to around 7 in the next few days.

But really--what's up with Amazon.ca and Amazon.com? sacrebleu!!

.com you can get everything from dictionaries to dog pooper scoopers, GQ Magazine to snowblowers!

.ca? Well.. dictionaries, DVDs, and the latest Decembrists CD. Oh, and software/video games. That's it!

Which is all fine and good, but I'm really quite shocked and appalled that I can't order a canister of Illy Espresso Fine Grind or a black pair of BCBGirls Women's Gabry Platform Wedge Boots....I mean I really do hate pretty much all forms of shopping in real life, be it for groceries, clothes, or other 'necessities' It would be great to do most of it online.

But I guess I can't be a bona fide mouse potato until I can buy virtually *everything* online! thanks a lot amazon.ca! Now I have to go outside and get some fresh air and exercise!
Categories

Comments

Yes, it seems Amazon.com along with it’s new website Endless.com has diverged into a wide range of consumerism, catering to a broad varieties of product that will suck up to online shopoholics. The Boston Globe had this to say about it today:

Amazon.com launches site for purses, shoes

By Associated Press | January 4, 2007

NEW YORK -- Amazon.com Inc. has launched a separate website catering to those passionate about buying handbags and shoes, marking the first time the Internet shopping powerhouse has launched a new online brand.

Amazon.com quietly started testing Endless.com on Dec. 11, featuring 250 brands and 15,000 styles and dangling an unusual offer in the online world: free overnight shipping.

The inspiration for Endless.com came from Amazon's customers themselves, said Steven Goldsmith, vice president of apparel and accessories for Amazon.com and vice president of Endless.com.

Shoppers looking for accessories said they wanted speedier service and were particular about how they search online for such items as only brown handbags and Donald Pliner boots with a particular heel height, he said.

"We started with a blank sheet of paper. . . . We started with the customers and worked backward," said Goldsmith, who declined to discuss sales goals.

Amazon.com began selling handbags and shoes in 2002.

Goldsmith said Endless.com, which uses Amazon's distribution centers, developed a different navigational search engine, allowing consumers to shop by price, style, brand, size, and color all at the same time or separately.

The site also allows shoppers to zoom in on details of the product. Based on consumer feedback received so far, Endless.com also plans to allow consumers to shop by heel height, Goldsmith said.

Endless.com is also aiming to differentiate itself by providing other services. If a customer finds another site that offers a lower price within two weeks of the Endless.com shipping date, the company will refund 110 percent of the difference. And if Endless.com lowers the price within 14 days of the shipment date, Endless.com will refund the customer 110 percent of that difference as well.
    It's all a conspiracy to sell things like toques and scarves. The companies pay amazon.ca not to sell them on-line as then no one would have to buy them as we wouldn't need to venture into the outdoors.
    hummm I love my amazon .co.uk exept you cant get so many of the films Id like to see... NTSC only