View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. 10 ways to stay warm

by , 01-05-2007 at 06:16 AM (A Ramble through Smilie Land)
    when the heater doesnt work , your the only one in the building and youve forgotten all your warm clothes at home.

1) Get as many layers on as possible jeans, shorts sleeping clothes and all the coats.

2) NEVER EVER take socks and slippers off even if you hate wearing things on your feet.

3)
    block the drafts from the broken seals around the window with unwashed jeans, the curtains and tea towels.

4)
    this is the reason you have fingerless ...
    Categories
  2. Day Off 1 Coda

During Scrubs I hear a buzz of activity from the long suffering wife on the 'box' as usual these days to discover her talking to Jim the eldest. I put him off mainly to finish Scrubs and gather my thoghts. The custody paperwork arrived yesterday and I had been studying it earlier. I had even talked for about 10 minutes to a clerk at Children's Services and we agree running a case of custody between Ohio and California WITHOUT a lawyer is problematical to say the least (and I had much to say). ...
    Categories
  3. Holy Night

Here's my latest poem, written for the Christmas Poetry contest. Any criticism and comments are welcomed. You can post here or at my thread for this poem: http://www.online-literature.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21298

Holy Night

The rocking motion of the beast
    Jiggles the belly,
    Wobbles the amniotic sac.

They reach a barn,
    Granted privilege,
    Poor beast watered and fed.

Husband cushions wife in hay,
    Breathing
    Categories
  4. Day Off Day 1

Due to the 24/7 aspects of my job I work 8 nights in a row then off 2 days. Back for another 7 in a row then 4 days off then 5 working then another 2 off and the cycle continues. I'm actually back in the military--I know where I'm supposed to be every day of the year.

As usual I sleep in on the first day off. The long suffering wife went to Xenia to get Sandy to cut her hair (I never say anything anymore but I like it just a bit long--cut too much off and I'm looking at her brother--which ...
    Categories
  5. Overdrawn....

Overdrawn at the bank of life...

Oh. My. Gosh. I can't believe it. I have bounced a check at the bank...I must blame it on holiday madness. (happened last week) Oh, the shame, the burning awful SHAME!!! I never bounce checks, well apparently now I do...Boing!

Am I the only person who feels just awful when I do stupid things like this? I can't be the only one who has bounced a check...right? I used to work in the operations department ...
    Categories