View RSS Feed

Most Popular Blogs

1. Strange Election

by , 04-12-2015 at 07:11 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    Maybe I’m fantasizing, but I think that the presidential election on 2016 will be a strange one. So far we have two announced candidates: Hillary Clinton and Ted Cruz, but they are just the beginnings. Jeb Bush may run, and there's an excellent chance that at least one and maybe two other Dems will throw their hats into the ring. There are at least a half dozen Republicans who are preparing to run. They include Marco Rubio, Scott Walker, Ted Cruz, Rand Paul, Chris Christie, Kelly Ayotte, Mike Huckabee, ...

Updated 04-12-2015 at 07:25 PM by PeterL

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Dark Matter or Aether

by , 04-15-2015 at 06:47 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    I saw another article about dark matter a while ago, and it reminded me of how much like luminiferous aether (or just Aether) this dark matter is. It was assumed for a very long time that there was something in space that filled it and was a medium through which light travelled. The Lorenz Transformations that Einstein used to come up with e=mc2 were derived by Lorenz from Maxwell's electromagnetism theory at a time when it was assumed that Aether did exists. While Einstein insisted that Aether ...
  3. Fight For a Dollar That's Worth Something

by , 04-23-2015 at 05:54 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    I have noticed a couple of mentions of people trying to get the minimum wage raised to $15 per hour. They are fighting for the wrong thing. What they want are jobs that pay a reasonable amount. Raising the minimum wage that much would just make the dollar lose a lot of value very quickly, so that in a few years the fifteen dollar an hour wage would be worth less that whatever the minimum wage is now. The moves that would achieve their goals more readily would be to eliminate the minimum wage and ...

Updated 04-25-2017 at 07:50 AM by PeterL

Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Unsustainable and Sustainable

by , 05-01-2015 at 03:36 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    I saw a banner that said something about sustainability earlier today. That term has not become meaningful to me, so I wondered what it might be about in this particular case, but I haven’t found that yet. The general concept of sustainability appears to be important to some people, so I looked up what it’s supposed to mean. According to the EPA: “Sustainability is based on a simple principle: Everything that we need for our survival and well-being depends, either directly or indirectly, on our ...
  5. What's Wrong With Logic?

by , 05-05-2015 at 09:26 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    Yesterday I found an article about the inability of the climate scientists to make accurate predictions, http://dailycaller.com/2015/05/04/25...tipping-point/
    . Those people have been prophesizing disaster for decades, but they have been as wrong as the people who predict the end of the world. Biblical prophets with records like that would have been sent into the wilderness, or worse. But the climate scientists don't seem to be bothered by facts, but they ...

Updated 07-27-2015 at 01:52 PM by PeterL

Categories
    Uncategorized