View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Perceptions and How to Express Them

by , 01-28-2015 at 09:20 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    I have been trying to turn my pieces of a novel into a complete novel, but rumbled to a stop after 15,000 or 20,000 words in the first two attempts. The novel is about the nature of space-time and consciousness, or how consciousness is created, in part, by our conceptions of space-time or of some other fundamental basis for reality. The world is what you conceive of it to be, because thatís the only space-time in which those ideas could make any sense. On the other hand, the characters may be somewhat ...
  2. Another warm day

So, we've had our 9th or 10th very warm day in a row, when it was in the 70's, or a couple times 60's, most of the day. . And very sunny, except for a few clouds today and two days ago. Today it actually got pretty hot. Yesterday we broke the record high for the day by 6 degrees, since 1914. I guess, for a few days it's been record high. Depending on where you are; I suppose in Oklahoma City they may have broken a 122 year record today. One reason I don't care for cities, they are way hotter ...

Updated 01-28-2015 at 09:13 PM by NikolaiI

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Grab Bag Shopping

I don't normally order clothes online because I usually prefer to try them on and such first, but as it happens I was in need of some particular items, I will not go into details as to what, because they are of a personal/intimate nature (you can use your imagination) and I had some gift cards from Target and didn't feel like going to the store so I figured it would be easier and more convenient to get it online because I knew the size I wanted.

So I find what I am looking for and ...
  4. More War Dogs

by , 01-24-2015 at 08:54 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    A few days ago I remembered how mercenaries had been quite significant in African wars a few decades ago, and the wars werenít as messy as what is going on in Nigeria with Boko Haram and in and around Uganda with the Lord's Resistance Army. There were several rebellions in the Congo that used mercenaries extensively. Groups assembled by Bob Denard, Jean Schramme, and Mad Mike Hoare cleaned up many rebellions that would have grown into messes as bad as Boko Haram, if they hadnít been put down. The ...
  5. Knife Throwing Adventures

As is often the case with life things always seem so much simpler in your head than they often turn out to be in real life. I made my way up to the park quite proud of my little makeshift target only to discover that the tree of which I originally had intended to tie it too was too fat and the string length I had estimated the day before was not quite long enough. So then I had to find a new tree to mount my target too which ought to be simple enough but there are a few factors to consider. 1. Of ...
    Categories
    Random Musings