View RSS Feed

Recent Blogs Posts

1. Crazy Indeed?

by , 12-27-2017 at 07:27 PM (Kiz_Paws Bag Of Trix)
    At the present time, we in the Prairies, are experiencing a bitter cold front that renders temperatures floating between -28 Celcius to -45 Celcius.... Yuppers. Bitter indeed.

But the silence in that kind of cold is unbelievable ... it truly is deafening when you go outside to that chill. I joke that I can hear a neighbor a mile away open their front door... but that is not far from the truth...

If you dress for this kind of cold, it doesn't bother you much
  2. Funeral For A Friend

by , 10-23-2017 at 07:15 PM (Kiz_Paws Bag Of Trix)
    No, this entry has NOTHING to do with Sir Elton John's music ....

One of the most difficult things that I have to contend with, as a musician, is performing music for someone close to me at life's end.

On Friday past, I played music for a friend. She succumbed to the horrid Cancer.... how her battle went on... She left to mourn her identical twin sister, her brother, her parents, her extended family...her friends....

It was piano music, played on

Updated 10-23-2017 at 07:30 PM by kiz_paws

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Music Induced Hearing Loss

by , 10-23-2014 at 09:06 AM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    I was reminded again today that I didn’t destroy my hearing by listening to over-amplified music. It was just a jazz trio, but they put out enough noise to cause pain. This wasn’t the first time when I have suffered from loud music, and it isn’t my fault. Musicians usually have hearing loss from loud noise. This study says that “professional musicians are almost four times more likely to suffer noise-induced hearing loss than other people.” http://www.nbcnews.com/health/health...ng-loss-n93981. ...
  4. Connected to Time and Place

by , 08-16-2014 at 01:14 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    A while ago I noticed something that is quite common, so common that it is not worthy of notice, inconsequential; to wit, someone going around listening to music through earplugs. I remember thinking that missing auditory input from one's surroundings might be dangerous. I don't recall learning of any problems from this custom, but I am sure there have been some, but not so many that it is viewed as a hazard. I know that I find auditory information useful when I am in public spaces, but the greatest ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Some Marvelous Medieval Spanish Music

I've long been fascinated with the medieval Spanish culture. Spain prior to the "Reconquista" of the whole of the peninsula from the Islamic rulers was one of the greatest cultures in the history of Europe. Their contributions to music, art, architecture, poetry, literature, philosophy, etc... still resonates today.

Some beautiful "early" music from Spain... complete with equally beautiful and appropriate imagery.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwPoW4R_ULc ...
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast