View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. coping adequately

by , 02-18-2022 at 12:32 PM (Barmy Blue's Bland Blog)
    Well. He's dead. He died on my dog's birthday interestingly enough. She's 14 now. That's old for a husky. At points it felt like a race between the two of them. My dog has seen her birthday. My father didn't see his. I doubted he would. Late March seemed optimistic since it could also have only been a week when he told me.
    It's very VERY windy here. I keep smelling dust now. The house is old and wind this strong must be blowing plaster and cement dust in through the cracks. My uncle called ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Real Pandemic

by , 02-05-2022 at 12:04 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    For the last two years, we have been told by some medical people and by government bureaucrats, and by the newsies that Covid19 is a causing a horrific pandemic. I think that it is largely exaggeration. Covid is a new variation of a virus that has been around for a long time. Usually, the cause of death is whatever the attending physician puts on the notice, and generally the attending physician is concentrating on one thing and may not even know about other conditions that affect a given individual. ...
  3. Corona Virus

by , 02-01-2022 at 09:50 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    I became interested in Corona Viruses several year ago, because I was planning a novel that would include the Really Great Pandemic, and I wanted a suitable disease. I considered several candidates, including Yersinia Pestis, which causes Plague in its three forms, Influenza, which is a popular communicable disease, and a few others, but most of the other diseases didn't make it past the initial review, because they were too difficult to spread, or they were too difficult to obtain. I used Plague ...
  4. Something is Better Than Nothing

by , 01-28-2022 at 12:20 PM (Barmy Blue's Bland Blog)
    I've been feeling a bit unsure since my last entry. I've been worried that I wasn't exactly clear about my feelings. It was my attempt to account for several months of feelings that built up and came out at one point. I've thought about adding some more clarification or writing a follow up. Not long after my dad wound up in hospital. This time for high calcium and I wondered if letting unhappy feelings out into the world was a wise idea or not. I looked it up. It can be really REALLY bad if not ...

Updated 01-28-2022 at 12:32 PM by Bluebiird

Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Disposal of Bodies

by , 01-23-2022 at 07:36 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    The matter of what to do with the remains of people after they die came to mind again today. I have long thought that putting them in boxes and burying the boxes is a waste of resources and space. I realize that some people want something thing or place where they can go to recall those who have none. All of those desires can be handled in a single method. Burying allows for visiting the remains; although the remains don't notice, and cremation saves space. If we used thermaldepolymerization, we ...