View RSS Feed

Recent Blogs Posts

1. What's Wrong with Gun Control

by , 10-09-2017 at 03:10 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    Sometimes I wonder whether people in the U.S.A. ever bother reading the documents that are the basis of the U.S. government. There have been other countries that declared independence from a mother country and produced a declaration of independence, but from what I know of those documents, they were in legalistic style, so they are not easy to read. The U.S. Declaration of Independence was well written by someone who knew what he was doing; although it was damaged somewhat by amendments on the floor ...

Updated 10-11-2017 at 07:35 AM by PeterL

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Nostalgia

I miss spending time on these forums. Reading back over my blog entries makes me cringe, but also gives me a warm feeling of nostalgia. The people and the upheaval in my life at the time made this a special place for retreat and reflection.

I don't know if there is any going back to recapture these moments. Sometimes it's best to fondly look back and reminisce every so often. Or start afresh.

I'm an ecologist now. I'm still getting used to saying that without the imposter ...
    Categories
  3. On Fascism

by , 10-01-2017 at 08:08 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    Strength through unity
    Versus
    "Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so too." Voltaire in his Essay on Tolerance

Fascism is a word that is thrown around without people even thinking about what it means. It started as an Italian word for a political group, and it derived from the Latin word ‘fasces’, which was the bundle of rod from which an axe protruded. Until Mussolini started using the term it could have been applied to any political ...

Updated 10-02-2017 at 04:10 PM by PeterL

Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Tree

by , 09-28-2017 at 06:04 PM (Barmy Blue's Bland Blog)
    I’ve just lost a family member. You’ll laugh when I tell you it’s a tree. Allow me to elaborate.

I’m 29 years old.
    My parents got married 10 years before I was born.
    They held off getting married until they’d bought a house, then the wedding was a bit rushed (this is most likely due to the fact that my dad grew up in some abysmal council houses with his brothers and his mother who had a nervous breakdown (or something to that effect) and ended up going practically blind ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. To All Nerds Out There

by , 09-19-2017 at 03:59 PM (Kiz_Paws Bag Of Trix)
    LoL! I must have time on my hands today.

Anyhow, I did a Google Search on "what is a nerd". I was given several dictionary definitions of said word, amongst a very long list of internet places to visit to get a feel for this 'affliction' if you will.

Nonetheless, in my perspective, growing up, you were a NERD if you:

- did not attend the local school's dances
    - attended the dances without a date
    - visited your grandma