View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. what I'm reading

"The Story of a Novel" and related pieces by Thomas Wolfe.
    Categories
  2. Beyond Altruism

by , 01-14-2016 at 09:10 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    This matter has come to mind several times recently. It isn’t that I am altruistic, but some people have mistakenly taken me as such. There are advantages in helping others, and that is true of most animals, not just for humans. Most animals live in herds, packs, or family groups, because it is helpful to have others of one’s kind around who might be helpful sometime. Even if they don’t specifically assist, they might give some moral support.

Most recently the idea of altruism ...

Updated 01-15-2016 at 11:12 AM by PeterL

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Old-Fashioned Conspiracy

by , 01-11-2016 at 05:52 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    I recently thought of the Piso Christianity Conspiracy again. This is one that hasn’t caught on, yet, but it is as silly as most conspiracy theories are. I first encountered this in the early or mid-1990’s on Prodigy Services bulletin boards. The author of this, Roman Piso, claims that his ancestors invented Christianity in an attempt to avoid more rebellions by the Jews, and to some degree they seem to have been successful, because after the Rebellion of 70 CE the Jews didn’t start another war ...

Updated 01-12-2016 at 10:15 PM by PeterL

Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. infinite love

infinite love

Zozo . . zu zu - from the corner of place and time,

coming from heaven sublime -

entity identity VANISHED IN LOVE

memories accessories

repeated

letting all shine

letting all fly -

heaven cry

call oh fine.

zu Zu - - - Zu Zu!

letting all shine -

letting all fly - ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Conspiracies Everywhere

by , 01-04-2016 at 08:59 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    I have wondered about conspiracy theories for quite a while. Why do people believe them at all, and why do they believe what they believe. Today a believer sat down near me at Starbucks and started running off at the mouth. It is usually a mistake to try to silence such a person, so I listened in the hope that I might learn something. That particular person seems to believe that Jews are the root of all evil (he is one himself, so he should know), and there are persons controlling or overseeing ...