View RSS Feed

Most Popular Blogs

1. Sing Along Messiah

Today is the day for this. One of my dreams is to sing this in Chicago. Wow!!
    Today we'll be at a large Catholic church in 'da region'.
    No matter whether you believe in the Messiah or not, it is wonderful to be singing this piece by Handel, to be surrounded by so many singers and musicians. I can't wait.
    Categories
  2. haiku 4 my son

he told me today
    i will be leaving home soon
    mom's heart grins and cries

he was a child
    looking back he grew so fast
    now he's grown and gone

the world awaits him
    so much to offer and lose
    jump right in my son
    Categories
  3. Memory and cognition

by , 12-03-2007 at 01:41 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    This morning, while driving, I heard a segment on NPR about memory, cognition, consciousness, and so on. Those are topics that interest me greatly. I was reminded on my blog about The Mysterious Flame of Queen Loana, which I have to reread. The person who had written the book that was being discussed seemed to be overly concerned with the style of expressing; although he saw the "footprint" of the structure of memory in various sorts of expression. I am still waiting for someone to decode ...
    Categories
  4. Byron/Wilde Madness Paper

Here's the next installment. Remember that shirt I designed? Well, it's garnered all sorts of attention. I have total strangers coming up to me, remarking on it and asking me where / how I did it - LOL.

Being shy, I'm almost afraid to wear it again lest I turn red and grow more embarrassed.

These perspectives and experiences, thrust upon such tractable young souls, helped produce a narcissistic self-love in Oscar Wilde and a nostalgic longing for boyhood in Byron,
    Categories
  5. The Fog

by , 01-04-2008 at 10:59 AM (Ramblings from the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia)
    The whole Island of Ocracoke is themed to Blackbeard. It was just off this beautiful isle that the famous pirate was finally brought to his death after practically ruling North Carolina from these outlining island entrances and then from port city Charleston. I have been places on the island most tourists never go.

The Fog

There is a place I love to go when I really need to relax for a while.
    The Outer Banks of North Carolina—Kitty Hawk down to Ocracoke Island! ...
    Categories