View RSS Feed

kittypaws

Your thoughts

Rate this Entry
Today was a long day at the Dog park.

With the wind chill it was 15F….that is cold to spend 5.5 hours out in. I did get some really good photos of the dogs thou 
I dress warm but it still takes a toll on me.

Anyway before I go into a numb case of mind I wanted to share a couple of things that occurred in my life today.
Why? I don’t know. They just “said something to me.”

I stopped by the market tonight after the Dpk to pick up some carrots for Z and some other small things. Got in the express lane of 15 items or less and as usual it was in a stall. Three people ahead of me and the lady at the checkout didn’t seem to have enuf cash to pay for what she bought. She started to rummage thru the packed grocery bags to see what she could take off of her order. The two pkgs of blueberries went and then a box of crackers and then she got to the eggs. I could not help but notice she never returned the bouquet of fresh cut flowers she had purchased……I spoke up and asked Lup (the sale clerk – I know everyone by name) and said what does she owe? Lup had her count out her money and she owed $4.00. I’ll pay it. Lup nodded her head and the lady turned and thanked me. I told her to just pay it forward.

Then I asked myself…was I just impatience or did I really want to help this person?

Anyone who will give up food to keep a fresh bouquet of flowers on their table to me means something. Perhaps it is cuz I have fresh flowers on my table year round. It keeps me aware of the awe of life. So I paid the $4.00 and the two other people in front of me said nothing.

Next I went down to the liquor store to purchase some wine. I passed by Jesse Wong’s Asian bistro which is awesome! I have a can in their carry out and know all by name….etc.….but in the vestibule of the restaurant I saw a man, in a sweater vest and nice slacks holding a bouquet of flowers and he was on his cell phone. I could hear him say “ No, that’s alright…you don’t have to apologize….I understand.” I kept walking. That left me with such a sad tone. I would image his date had stood him up at the last minute.

I wished I had the nerve cuz I would have stepped into that vestibule and asked him if he would like to dine with me.

Perhaps the evening just dwelled around bouquets of flowers?
Strange how they played into two separate events, one right after the other….
I can’t help but wonder what the Cosmos it trying to tell me.

ANY THOUGHTS?

Kittypaws
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I guess it's refreshing to participate in life, even if just observing and thinking small thoughts to ourselves. I may have bought the flowers too. Fun little story! Thanks for the read!
    That story is indeed full of serendipity, kittypaws! My heart aches for that young man, and I, too, wonder what message the universe is trying g to send you.

Have a flowerfull day!
    I can’t help but wonder what the Cosmos it trying to tell me.
    It's saying the way to your heart is to bring you flowers.

Five and a half hours in that cold is a long time. I wonder if that cold is coming my way. What part of the country do you live in?

If the woman is keeping flowers over food, more than likely she is not in financial need. She seemed more scatter brain than anything else, not realizing how much money she had on her. And yeah, I'm sure that guy felt like crap.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buh4Bee
    I guess it's refreshing to participate in life, even if just observing and thinking small thoughts to ourselves. I may have bought the flowers too. Fun little story! Thanks for the read!

Thank you Buh4Bee for reading!
    Quote Originally Posted by qimissung
    That story is indeed full of serendipity, kittypaws! My heart aches for that young man, and I, too, wonder what message the universe is trying g to send you.

Have a flowerfull day!

Qimi....thanks for reading and commenting!

May 2014 be rich in the blossoms of life for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Virgil
    HTML Code:
    It's saying the way to your heart is to bring you flowers.  :p
    Five and a half hours in that cold is a long time. I wonder if that cold is coming my way. What part of the country do you live in?

If the woman is keeping flowers over food, more than likely she is not in financial need. She seemed more scatter brain than anything else, not realizing how much money she had on her. And yeah, I'm sure that guy felt like crap.

Hahahaha..You know Virgil, You might be right about the flowers and my heart.

I'm sure if the cold was coming your way it would be there by now but here on the west coast we are headed into another Polar Voltex so brace yourself!

You are very perceptive as the lady ended up saying she had changed her pocektbook and forget to check it for cash!

Do you also read tarrot cards?