View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. We Are Off

Ok, weíre set. Tomorrow weíre off, into the wild blue yonder of half way around the world to a place as remote and ancient as anywhere in the world, a place where westerners crossed over as part of the silk road to China, a place Marco Polo could have felt comfortable, though he didnít cross that way, a place where the first horses were supposed to have been domesticated, a culture over the centuries mixed with Mongols and Turks and Cossacks and Persians and Chinese, a vast land mostly of steppe ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Things I Hate

by , 05-14-2010 at 07:45 PM (Barmy Blue's Bland Blog)
    A list of things I hate (Iíve tried to put it in order but it depends on how I feel so I might change it).

1) When people mispronounce/spell my surname. Itís surprisingly common and Iíve no idea why. Even if I spell it to them they seem to insist on adding an Ďsí on the end of it. Itís gotten to a stage where I want to hit them when they do it (never hit anyone yet, but if I get pissed off enough then maybe) and thatís why itís at number 1.

2) Being looked at/treated ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Expect the Unexpected

I always enjoy going to the reptile store to get mice for my snake because I love to walk around and see what other critters they have, and to moon over the ones I wish I could have, but can't since they get too big, and I don't have the space to keep them.

Recently they have acquired a couple of new and rather trippy amphibians in the salamander family. One is called a Lesser Siren, and they are these adorable little guys that look like small eels with two front legs, and the others
    Categories
    Random Musings
  4. Pillow Talk

This was inspired by a poem I read back when I was taking a class in contemporary poetry. I thought the poem was romantic and playful, but everyone else thought it was dark and disturbing.

The original, ran along the same idea as my rendition of it.

Pillow Talk

Your heart is mine!
    I smile and roll over you
    Your heart is mine!
    I whisper, our fingers twine
    lie to me and you know what I'll do
    I'll run a dagger right
    Categories
    My Poetry
  5. Stress

by , 05-14-2010 at 11:29 AM (My Blog...How original.)
    Gah, i hate stress. I get such bad stomach aches. It also turns out that my anxiety is most likely the cause of my lightheadness, dizziness, and the few spells of verdego i have had. By the way, verdego is probably the worst thing ever. The whole world seems to be spinning around you. Tilting, sliding, you feel as if your falling. Last time i had it, i got so nausious i actually threw up. gah...
    oh, and then there's those lovely anxiety attacks. Had those twice. Both had be crying my ...
    Categories