View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. The Sonnet: Shelley, Pushkin & Rossetti

Percy Bysshe Shelley (1792-1822) was born at Field Place, Sussex. Although energetic, imaginative & mischievous as a child he was eventually educated at Eton & Oxford. At Oxford he read radical authors such as Paine & Godwin & in March 1811 was summarily rusticated (expelled) for distributing a pamphlet entitled The Necessity of Atheism with his friend T.J. Hogg. He was drowned in August 1822 when his small schooner the 'Ariel' sank in a squall. To her dying day Mary Shelley

Updated 07-21-2009 at 01:54 PM by Red-Headed

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Skull Mask

This is the Skull mask I made for the Day of the Dead

Categories
    My Art
  3. jokes!(sorry to read this if you are a man!)

well, i just received a mail from a good friend of mine, with some jokes, entitled: ways to reject men you don't like. i have translated them for you, i think they are really nice!

1.man: hey doll, where have you been all of my life?
    woman: i was hiding...from you!

2.man: i am aphotographer. i am looking for a face just like yours!
    woman: i am a plastic surgeon. i am also looking for a face just like yours.

3.man: would you like to go ...

Updated 10-30-2008 at 10:27 AM by maraki16

Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Calltaker Character Building

It really used to be fun and a break in the monotony to play detective with AAA members. Top question usually is---who is REALLY with the car? I tell the tow drivers I dispatch that I read the emergency road service request like I do the Bible--literally.

But since the Bible has different translations (usually used as an excuse by lazy readers and believers NOT to study it very hard and I plead guilty) so too can a simple ticket provided by my ineptly trained band of calltakers ...

Updated 10-29-2008 at 07:28 PM by mtpspur

Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. do soul-mates exist?

from time to time, more or less we have all heard a lot about soul-mates. about the famous alter-ego. the mirroring of ourselves in the face of someone else. many have tried to find theirs. i do not know whereas you believe in it or consider it to be a myth, a big lie created by the romantics to remind to the broken-hearted that there will always be a potential to find the ultimate lover. personally, i have dreamed of the white-knight, yes, of the fair prince riding a nice horse, a great deal. though ...

Updated 10-29-2008 at 08:14 AM by maraki16

Categories
    Uncategorized