View RSS Feed

title

description

1. Jane Austen in Very Concise Summary

Recently finished a collection of Jane Austen's Seven Novels and came away well pleased with her writing but not her plot solutions. In these more modern and sophisticated times much agony and heartbreak would have been avoided with simple statements or honest answers to questions--just saying--tongue firmly in cheek.

Lady Susan: "Lady Susan aren't there any other family members you could stay with?" (Asked by anyone she's living off of for months at a time.)

Updated 01-13-2015 at 04:14 PM by mtpspur (usal hasty typing)

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Strange Authors from The Saint Magazine

Spent the afternoon going through my copies of The Saint Magazine. These were mystery digests published from 1953-1967 with a very three issue 1984 revival. Missing 36 of the original 141 issue run and the last two issues of the revival. The idea was to index any author I had an interest in so I could locate them later when wanting to read them.

Some authors noted were a bit of a surprise. Isaac Asimov (06-56), Pearl Buck (04-58, 04-66), Ray Bradbury (06-84), Erskine Caldwell (05-56), ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Career Move

It has been a huge amount of time since being here. The fault is mine as I have been actually swept up in Facebook relationships that have become very meaningful in their in my life.

The biggest change occurred May 14h last month when Allied AAA decided to move the dispatchers form the Dayton Call Center to Lexington KY. I did not desire to move so after 22 and half years I am now released from my second career in life. The first was the Air Force for a little over 21 years. The ...

Updated 06-03-2014 at 10:46 PM by mtpspur

Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. And Yet Back Again

Still not in love with the format changes here. I never entirely want to go away but on the other hand my life has changed a bit. The debt load has substantially gone away--paid off a debt consolidation loan and took a pension payoff (which will be made up by social security when the time comes-thanks to my military retirement check I'm fairly good). Just now getting set up with a view to saving up for next year's taxes and next year even taking a real vacation and not the stay at homes they ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. A Look Back

Time has been flying these past few months and my dislike of the format changes here continues to hinder my participation herein.

Pretty much Anna Karenina was the last real literature I have read. More recent reads were the Complete Cardigan--4 voulumes by Frederick Nebel and the Complete Donahue by same. Have read about four Spider pulp novels and he is best experienced in short doses.

My finances took major step forward end of last year when AAA offered an pension ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 79 1234561151 ... LastLast