View RSS Feed

Recent Blogs Posts

1. Incremental Change

by , 04-29-2017 at 06:00 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    The news media just marked the 100th day of the Trump regime. There were plenty of articles, but they were somewhat lacking in content, because Trump hasn’t done anything, for which we praise the Gods. We are not surprised that he has done little, because politicians seldom do much; although they like to make it sound like they did a lot. If you look at the records of most presidents, then you will noticed that few of them did much. The position is more about keeping Congress from going wild and ...
  2. Why Do They Believe?

by , 04-25-2017 at 05:01 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    Once again I was thinking about propaganda and why people believe it, so I did a little searching to see what others might think of the matter. It appears that a major problem is that it is difficult to tell the difference between real news and fake news. Both real and fake news assert things and provide alleged witnesses and sometimes expert opinions. I suspect that another component is whether the news fits what the reader wants to find out.

In political news the desires of the ...

Updated 04-29-2017 at 07:13 PM by PeterL

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Silence

by , 04-22-2017 at 11:18 PM (Living Breathing Contradiction...)
    (Subject Poetry Competition)

...Silence...

With every word left unspoken
    They built a house of destruction
    Screaming in silence
    As they fulfill their penance

Yet remorse resounds hollow
    From promises they just couldn't follow
    Silence piercing their souls
    From secrets left untold.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. More than 30 Books & Articles about Holy Prophet Muhammad (sa)

by , 04-20-2017 at 03:09 AM (The Promised Revival -- To Bring Faith Back Even If It Had Gone To Pleiades (i.e. weakened).)
    Peace be on you.
    The life of the Holy Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be on him) be on him, was a life of grand success. In his high moral qualities, spiritual power, high resolve, the excellence and perfection of his teaching, his perfect example and the acceptance of his prayers and in every aspect of his life, there is model for humanity.

In the link, 30 plus books and articles are available
    presented by Ahmadiyya Muslim Community:

https://www.alislam.org/holyprophet/
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Might It Be Hubris?

by , 04-17-2017 at 08:16 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    As a species, humans seem to think they are something special, and maybe they are, but the available evidence doesn't show them to be as marvelous as they would like to think they are. What have humans done that is truly something for the whole universe? Are the fine arts any more than emotional outpourings? Is their literature universal? If humans disappeared tomorrow, would anyone (thing) notice the loss, ever?

The topics of the visual arts are things that interest humans: people, ...
    Tags: hubris, pride
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast