View RSS Feed

Recent Blogs Posts

1. Afghanistan

by , 08-22-2017 at 07:19 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    I noticed that the moron (my apologies to other people of low intelligence) in the Oval Office has decided to send more troops into Afghanistan, and I started thinking about the string of adventures in Afghanistan, a string of failures that goes back to when the Hindus went through there on their way to India. The current string of foolishness goes back to when the king (Mohammed Zahir Shah) was overthrown in 1973. I won’t try to explain what happened after that, but in 1978 the USSR invaded in ...
  2. Truly Free

by , 08-14-2017 at 05:44 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    "I wholly disapprove of what you say and will defend to the death your right to say it"
    Voltaire

Today I have seen a few things suggesting that NAZI's should be muzzled. Voltaire gave my response to that. When we start banning totalitarianists, we agree with them, because they want everything banned except what they like.

In an ideal world everyone would agree with me, not because I would have forced them, but because they would have seen ...

Updated 08-14-2017 at 05:48 PM by PeterL

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Openness in Government

by , 08-07-2017 at 05:09 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    Republics belong to the people governed, and as would be the case in a business co-op where all of the employees own the business, in a republic all of the citizens own the government, and they should be able to know what is going on. Republic isn't the most effective or efficient form of government, but it is what we have here in the U.S.A. And the citizens should have all of the information necessary for running it. The only reason why the citizens don't have all of the information now is that ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Sometimes

by , 08-06-2017 at 01:15 AM (Living Breathing Contradiction...)
    Sometimes frustration and fear
    Fall from my eyes
    Sometimes my head is screaming warning
    But my heart whispers that it lies
    Sometimes the pain stays
    Long after the dream is gone
    Sometimes I start to forget
    Believing I belong
    Sometimes I feel abandoned
    For the walls are closing in
    Sometimes I desperately need you
    Knowing you'll make it all okay
    Sometimes I can't help but break
    As I watch you drive away ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Geo-engineering

by , 08-02-2017 at 11:17 AM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    I read the news today, oh boy. I ran across this article suggesting that there should be geo-engineering of the atmosphere to reverse anthropogenic global warming. https://www.seeker.com/earth/climate...88798911141629
    This isn't the first or only article or paper about the matter. I remember reading about ways to cool the Earth as far back as the 1970's. Unfortunately, it would ...