View RSS Feed

Most Popular Blogs

1. My eyes do decieve me...

by , 06-16-2010 at 02:53 PM (Cloudy Trophies)
    Can anyone understand these things? It seems so farcical – that man can be so inventive, so creative, and yet a slave to the physical self! Is it perhaps because my mind so often conjures up mighty vistas of the imagination, never needing banal sight, that my eyes have wasted so? The sheer power of inherent wonderment is often enough; why then am I still so reliant on these weak orbs? Can human craft beget nothing more profound than flimsy plastic plates and tender wires to keep me truly in this ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. New Granddad in Town

by , 11-08-2012 at 10:33 PM (Ramblings from the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia)
    Announcing the birth of my Grandson, Logan Michael Kohari, born 11/6/2012 at Vanderbilt University Hospital in Nashville. My wife and I were there at the hospital when they wheeled him over to Premmie Care. He was at 31 weeks. Still he weighed 3 pound, 11 ounces and was 15 inches long. He can breathe on his own and is beginning to take milk. My daughter Summer will breast feed him. He is expected out of the hospital possibly before thanksgiving, at least by Christmas! I can't wait! ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Happy Thanksgiving & St. Kateri Tekakwitha

Happy Thanksgiving & St. Kateri Tekakwitha

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving Day in the United States. I want to wish all my American friends a wonderful holiday. As bad as the times are, and I’ve never seen them like this in my adult life, there are many more things we should be thankful for. Life is good. Here’s a little historical perspective.

And here’s something silly to enjoy. ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized