View RSS Feed

1. Corunavirus Journal Update

Quote Originally Posted by tailor STATELY View Post
    California is backtracking closing many bars, etc, in counties that are trending poorly ... https://www.thenewstribune.com/news/...243949602.html
    ... Gov. Gavin Newsom on Wednesday shut down bars, wineries, museums, movie theaters and inside-restaurant dining across most of the state for three weeks — with luck, enough time to determine whether those actions will once again slow the spread of infections.
    For the two weeks ended Monday, California’s confirmed coronavirus cases
    Categories
  2. Give me hope...

My music preferences are eclectic. I sing in a choir at church... when we have church, and love hymns. I wrote/transcribed the tiniest of songs, a tiny hymn, from a poem I wrote and set it to music (from a lucid dream/angellic voices & music which I can not duplicate) using a free music transcription program (MuseScore: https://musescore.org/en)... years ago. I had to get a little bit of tutoring to understand notes and such (thank you Sr H !!) to be able to understand the tiniest bit of music ...
    Categories
    , ,
  3. “A year spent in artificial intelligence is enough to make one believe in God.”

The quote above is attributed to Alan Perlis.

Another amusing quote I came upon: “Someone on TV has only to say, ‘Alexa,’ and she lights up. She’s always ready for action, the perfect woman, never says, ‘Not tonight, dear.’” — Sybil Sage, as quoted in a New York Times article.

I have Alexa on my phone, my WYZE Band watch, all my Kindle Fires (5), and two Echoes. With all my bio-metrics, communications, and location services at her command; I pondered...

Updated 04-29-2020 at 04:13 PM by tailor STATELY

Categories
  4. Haunted by Hydrangeas...

Since my Mother passed on I've been without a muse. A poet must have a muse whether he or she realizes it. So, I've just chosen a new muse. Several years ago I came upon a painting by Philip Wilson Steer, painted in 1901, titled "Hydrangeas" and fell in love with it; writing a poem that unfortunately needs attention called "Haunted by Hydrangeas". My muse will be the young woman dangling pearls before her cat to play with and is depicted here: https://www.wikiart.org/en/philip-wi...ydrangeas-1901 ...

Updated 04-29-2020 at 05:17 AM by tailor STATELY

Categories
  5. Nostalgia

I miss spending time on these forums. Reading back over my blog entries makes me cringe, but also gives me a warm feeling of nostalgia. The people and the upheaval in my life at the time made this a special place for retreat and reflection.

I don't know if there is any going back to recapture these moments. Sometimes it's best to fondly look back and reminisce every so often. Or start afresh.

I'm an ecologist now. I'm still getting used to saying that without the imposter ...
    Categories
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast