View RSS Feed

1. Skin Colour-Consciousness among Indians

An investigation by the World Value Survey discovered that India and Jordan top the list of the least racially tolerant countries on the planet. As an African living in the former for over a year, I have witnessed a number of such incidents. Indians, particularly northerners, associate colour with higher or lower social standing. Needless to say, the lighter colour is held in esteem, while the dark in contempt or as “low caste”. It has been happening for so long and itching for sometimes. I often ...
    Categories
  2. My earlier period of youth & poem

Quote Originally Posted by Mohammad Ahmad View Post
    My earlier period of youth & poem

Well, let me discuss a short view about a period when I was still teenager living in a countryside not far away from the road which connecting between Mosul city and , Dohok city, which it is now considered as a part of Kurdistan territory.
    The area is about 50 km northerly to Mosul and exactly situated at the left bank of Tigris River.
    There I spent my earlier period of youth playing and spending lovely long times alongside
    Categories
    , , , ,
  3. thread deleted

Sorry, not now
    this thread is regional affairs and there is cautions

Updated 09-09-2014 at 10:39 AM by Mohammad Ahmad

Categories
    , , , ,
  4. Babbling in silence

It's been awhile now. Too much time has gone by since I last wrote anything, looking back on my old posts; I don't even remember that girl anymore. Where to start?
    College is nearly over, just 4 more months and I'll have to face the awful part of graduating: "What now?" Making plans for the future is easy, even working to get where you want to be is a piece of cake! The hard part is not knowing WHAT you want.
    I use to have this clear image of a bright future, being part ...
    Categories
  5. Nothing (i)

Something. Yes, something; for, you have already read some words. The piece is purposely entitled so, for one title may not capture the subject matters it contains. It’s a compendium of discursive thoughts of an amateur Nigerian living beyond the borders of his country, and in a far South Asian country of India, the country that defies any all-encompassing classification and codification. One cannot mention a single religion, culture, race/colour of Indians as there are numerous in place. The country ...
Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast