The Garden Party by Katherine Mansfield
    Judas Iscariot and Others by Leonid Andreyev
    The Waif Woman by Robert Louis Stevenson
    Hide and Seek by Fiodor Sologub
    God Sees the Truth but Waits by Leo Tolstoy

Categories
    Books
  2. More Conspiracies Slain

by , 01-02-2015 at 04:33 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    There is another question here. Why don’t people use the simple tools of logic to determine the validity of conspiracy theories? Occam’s Razor (link below) is well suited for determining whether an argument is valid. Fundamentally, Occam’s Razor states that the simplest explanation probably is the most accurate one. Let’s see what happens when we apply the Razor to some conspiracy theories.

The JFK Assassination is a problem, until we apply Occam’s Razor. “Entities must not be multiplied ...
  3. Goodwishes4NewYear. Please Come to Peace, No Jihad with Sword Now, Reform Selves.

by , 01-02-2015 at 02:56 AM (The Promised Revival -- To Bring Faith Back Even If It Had Gone To Pleiades (i.e. weakened).)
    Peace be on you.
    Recently a German journalist went to ISIS controlled area. He remained with them for sometime. “He said he reminded the fighters that most chapters of the Koran began with the words "Allah... most merciful". "I asked: Where is the mercy? I never got the real answer."
    Source: bbcDOTcom/news

Recently 123 rd annual spiritual and moral training gathering of Ahmadiyya Muslims, called Jalsa Salana took place in Qadian, ...
  4. Chris Thile and The Hobbit

I love coincidences. . although I know the human mind looks for them everywhere, and they're not always there; still, the wonderful pattern-detector of a brain can get very good at seeing real ones. . . and I know that's a bit off-topic of this . . but anyway - to come back to it, I love coincidences. :-) Yesterday I just discovered an album from Thile - it was new to me.

It's inspired by the Hobbit; and I found it very interesting, it was released when I was 13- and also, 13 years ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Why Conspiracies?

by , 12-30-2014 at 09:02 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    Why do people believe conspiracy theories? Apparently there are several reasons, but most reasons amount to intellectual laziness, by which I mean that people don't bother thinking about the matter but just accept something that fits what they want to believe without examining the facts. You are entitled to your own opinions but not your own facts.

Within the last few days I ran into a few people who still believe that the 9/11 attacks were not what has been presented by the investigators. ...