View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. 18th

by , 12-18-2013 at 06:43 PM (Barmy Blue's Bland Blog)
    Another she elf.
    Well. Mum posted the cards and ordered the bird while she was out.
    We went shopping. Got almost everything for Christmas now. The only thing on my earlier list of things to do is get presents and decorate. I got a jar of mincemeat but I also got some readymade pastry. Why do they call it mincemeat when it's not meat?

The Tree of Doom is sitting in a bucket in the kitchen waiting until we get the spot to put it ready. I need to find somewhere to dump ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Krampus, Grıla and the rest

by , 12-18-2013 at 05:33 AM (day in a life)
    Just a few days 'till Christmas, almost everything is done, I have two presents to buy and I'll do that today and a few small items from the last 5 santas that haven't arrived yet. Santas isn't a plural in English, and it sound wrong but (like I have said before) they are a breed not a person. I really like the evil parts of stories and life, I am not evil or bad to people myself, though some people say so but that is more as a joke cause I don't know how to hide my feelings. I can't pretend to ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Love All Good Deeds, Abhor All Sins; No Virtue and Sin is Small.

by , 12-18-2013 at 03:54 AM (The Promised Revival -- To Bring Faith Back Even If It Had Gone To Pleiades (i.e. weakened).)
    Peace be on you. Two-prong approach is the best strategy in spiritual struggle. First part is try to do all virtues with likeness and second is to abhor and avoid all sins related to God, self and society. It sound good on ears but need lots of attention. This attention can be achieved if we make certain benchmarks in the light of divine teaching, to check our current position and then take corrective measures. Following are some issues, which are reminded by Ahmadiyya Khalifah (may Allah be his ...
  4. 17th

by , 12-17-2013 at 04:35 PM (Barmy Blue's Bland Blog)
    Santa.
    I did it. 21 cards. I made another 7 last night, that's 14 in one day.

Today we went to get the tree. Left it a bit late, the place was pretty much picked clean of anything just shy of 5ft and over. But we got one. It's quite a bushy one too. I'm not sure whether to call it Bushy or The Tree of Doom. Also got a wreath. Never had one before. Nowhere to put it. I decided to put it on the back of the door, so we can see it every day. It's kind of over the doorbell. ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Beauty and Ugliness

by , 12-17-2013 at 10:53 AM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    The matter of unconscious communication came to mind again today. I was reading Art and Beauty in the Middle Ages by Umberto Eco, when I remembered that the best explanation for beauty among humans is as a sign of genetic superiority. If someone has healthy genes it shows up as healthy, well-proportioned features. Observations and measurements have shown that a woman whose waist measurement is 70% of her hip measurement is ideal in that way, I didn’t have anything to do with that study, but it accords ...