View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. A New Addition to the Family

Well, we've enlarged our family with a new four legged member, a black Labrador Retriever pup. She's special, and just as cute as can be. I can't remember how to upload pictures here on Lit Net, so if you're interested, come by my Ashes blog to see:

http://ashesfromburntroses.blogspot....day-rosie.html

And actually you can see the breeder's litter of pups at an earlier post, posted before we were able to select one.

http://ashesfromburntroses.blogspot....ouncement.html ...

Updated 10-08-2014 at 10:52 PM by Virgil

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Half-Truths, Plausible Lies, and Big Lies

by , 10-06-2014 at 07:55 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    After writing my post on Restoring the Age of Reason I started thinking more about how the principals of the Age of Reason have been put into disrepute. The general methods used have been typical propaganda techniques. And then I started thinking about propaganda even more. I don't think enough attention is paid to propaganda these days, at least not in the U.S.A., and probably not in Western Europe either. There's a lot of propaganda going around these days, and maybe we have become too accustomed ...

Updated 10-06-2014 at 08:24 PM by PeterL

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. A Plea To Peace by Ella Wheeler Wilcox (1918)

When mighty issues loom before us, all
    The petty great men of the day seem small,
    Like pigmies standing in a blaze of light
    Before some grim majestic mountain-height.
    War, with its bloody and impartial hand,
    Reveals the hidden weakness of a land,
    Uncrowns the heroes trusting Peace has made
    Of men whose honor is a thing of trade,
    And turns the searchlight full on many a place
    Where proud conventions long have masked disgrace.
    O
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. The Panics of 1907 and 2007

by , 10-03-2014 at 04:16 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    The Panic of 1907 may have been the deepest financial crisis that the U.S. faced except for the Crash of 1929. There was no central bank at that time, no bank of last resort, and for that reason the financial system completely stopped for a few days. The existing clearing system in New York City had to deal with numerous bank runs, and while banks were still clearing transactions, some of the trust companies were having more trouble. Trust companies were not part of the bank clearing system. The ...
  5. Deep Love of God and Deep Love From God Require Faith and Virtuous Deeds.

by , 10-03-2014 at 02:30 AM (The Promised Revival -- To Bring Faith Back Even If It Had Gone To Pleiades (i.e. weakened).)
    Quote Originally Posted by desiresjab View Post
    These holy books are from a time when people thought the world was flat.
    Peace be on all human.

HOLY QURAN

[CH55:V18] The Lord of the two Easts and the Lord of the two Wests!

Two Easts and Two Wests means every point in relation to other point on Earth has an East and West.
    East of Eastern Hemisphere is the West of Western Hemisphere and vice versa.
    That makes a un-flat, rounded Earth. Other verse shows egg-like shape. ...