View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Police Power

by , 12-06-2014 at 08:39 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    As a general matter I don’t protest police trying to do their jobs, but recent cases of Black people in Missouri and NY being killed by police officers seem to show that the legal ramifications of police killing people on the job is not considered as seriously as it should be. I am not someone who thinks that police should be prevented from doing their jobs, but there are legal responsibilities that they have; becoming a police officer does not exempt someone from any laws; it puts more legal responsibilities ...

Updated 12-06-2017 at 07:28 PM by PeterL

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. The very educated Iraqi poetess "Farah Dos"

Quote Originally Posted by Mohammad Ahmad View Post
    The very educated Iraqi poetess, Farah Dos

I might blame myself because I didn't read to her only in the last days.
    I was familiar with her writings when I was suddenly surfing on the skies of Internet; there I noticed her noticeable name was published in many of biggest forums and websites.
    I would apologize not to her only but rather to the busy time I have had, which consumed all of my ability, as well as the general troubles, which come latter to our society.

Updated 12-07-2014 at 11:50 AM by Mohammad Ahmad

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. being

Watts: http://www.goodreads.com/author/quot...8.Alan_W_Watts

“To have faith is to trust yourself to the water. When you swim you don't grab hold of the water, because if you do you will sink and drown. Instead you relax, and float.”

'Trying to define yourself is like trying to bite your own teeth. ...

“Muddy water is best cleared by leaving it alone.

“This is the real secret of life -- to be completely engaged with what you are doing ...

Updated 12-15-2014 at 07:40 PM by NikolaiI

Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Hoaxes and Delusions

by , 12-04-2014 at 10:54 AM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    Recently I thought about making comments about the people in this area who are infected with the Ebola virus. I was just thinking about getting a little more clear space around me. Good sense prevailed, and I didn’t mention the people with Ebola, because that might be a criminal act. I just searched for the laws under which I might be charged, and I became uncertain as to whether there is such a law. Apparently “fraud is the intentional deception of a person or entity by another made for monetary ...

Updated 12-04-2014 at 10:21 PM by PeterL

Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. A Very Special Prayer:Thee Alone do We Worship And Thee Alone Do We Implore For Help.

by , 12-03-2014 at 10:48 AM (The Promised Revival -- To Bring Faith Back Even If It Had Gone To Pleiades (i.e. weakened).)
    Peace be on you.
    Prior to the verse “Thee alone do we worship and Thee alone so we implore for help.” [Holy Quran chapter 1, verse 5], Allah the Exalted has mentioned His four noble attributes in previous verses. These noble divine attributes are:

“rabbil aalameen” (Lord of all worlds, Who blesses all creatures - very general blessing ),

“al Rahman” (The Gracious, Who grants without any request, Who bless all human),

“al Raheem” (Who repeats ...